'1' Hey, Mr. President... {Part Two}

Put your story text here...Hey, Mr. President... {Part Two}

This is more just like a filler to set it up for the next part.

'Katalina'

3 months, 3 months and I haven't seen or heard from Zane. I wonder what happened to him, I mean he comes back and leaves again? Without a goodbye? Its not him, the person I know would at least call and say bye, but nothing. Not a thing, Matt hasn't even heard from him and that's his brother! Is it normal for someone to worry so much about someone if your over them? I mean I love him, just not the same way anymore. But that doesn't mean he can just leave and say nothing about it.

Other than that things have been oddly normal. My dads get along fine, and yes I mean dads. Though I haven't called him dad to his face I think of Richard as my dad, kinda. He's more like the casual-don't-care-what-you-do kinda dad, well as long as no one finds out I'm his daughter. Which I haven't decided if it would be good or bad. I don't want the attention but it doesn't seem fair, I guess. People just go on thinking the man who raised me is my dad and that the other one is the vice president. Its weird, I never once thought about what it would be like to be the vice president's daughter. It never once occurred to me to look a little more at the picture or read more into my mother's journal.

Kyle and Matt are back together, though I don't think they were ever apart. Which is a little weird when you wake up to both of them dumping water on you. But, that's just the way they are. I've overheard them talking about moving in together, but Kyle's to chicken to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt decided to move in here, he practically lives here anyway. Maybe I'll tell Kyle that, but then he'd yell at me for eavesdropping, again. But its not my fault, those two just don't know how to be quiet. And they think that if you ignore the other person in the room that they can't hear what they talk about. But I don't want to get married! Its too soon, for me at least.

Oh, I think I skipped some things. Dominic proposed two weeks ago and I haven't given him an answer. I don't know what to do, I'm just as confused as I was 3 months ago when Zane showed up at my doorstep. I feel like I should be sure that I don't still love Zane before I make any decisions. I don't want to get married and then figure out I'm still in love with my ex. I don't see the point in getting married now anyway. We're both young, so what's the hurry? I think maybe he's afraid I'll decide I don't wanna deal with his baggage and leave. Things with his ex, Alana, haven't gotten better but they haven't gotten any worse either, yet. I still haven't met his parents either, its like he's afraid for me to meet them. Like they'll eat me or something... oh god what if they did!?That would be so horrible! Maybe I should lay off the coffee, I'm starting to be as bad as Kyle. But you wanna know the weirdest thing that's happened?

My dad married Kyle's dad! The day I met my real dad was their wedding. Evidently its legal for gay couples to get married in Vegas (I don't think that's true, but I have no clue.). I wasn't really shocked that they were into each other but whatever makes them happy is fine with me. Well not whatever, but you get my point. Apparently they were afraid of what Kyle and I would think about it, which I find totally stupid. So they decided to wait to tell us and the my dad had this crazy idea to have a quickie wedding. Which pisses me off, so of course I'm making them have another wedding where I can be there. Cause I'm just that selfish. I'm happy for them, they make each other happy. They deserve to be happy, and Kyle thinks the same. If anything Kyle found it funny that his dad thought he wouldn't be okay with him being gay, I mean really?

Besides all the happy couple stuff my mind is always on Zane. I can't help but think he's gotten himself into trouble, again. He was always the school's so called badass, but never did anything too bad. Sure he stole a car here and there but that's the worst he's ever done, that I know of. I just hope he comes back in one piece and soon.

I don't know what I'd do if I never saw him again.

'Zane'

"Zane you come go back." Matt's voice rang in my ear and I sighed. "Kat misses you."

"Right, it sure looked like she missed me." I heard my brother groan before a string of profanities left his mouth.

"He's probably just a rebound. You know she still loves you, otherwise she wouldn't have started bawling." Maybe he's right, that guy, Dominic, didn't look like her type, but then again I didn't think I was her type before either. Its been awhile she's probably changed, like I have. "Zane just come back, alright."

I frowned, I didn't even know where I was. Some run down bar at the outskirts of the town, that was for sure, but I didn't know the name of it. I shouldn't have left like that but, she was happy. Even though it hurts me to think this she'd probably be better off with him than me anyway. She wouldn't have to deal with my constant memories, the voices in my head, the nightmares of what I've seen. (I think there's a name for when soldiers come back from war and have nightmares and memories of being over there but I don't know what it is.)

Seeing the way she looked at him broke my heart but I want her happy, even if it isn't with me. Seeing her happy makes me happy, even if I feel like shit later. Maybe I shouldn't have joined the service, but I felt like I had too. My dad had been in the service, he still would be if it weren't for his trick knee. I felt like I had to do something to help in any way I could and look where it got me. I lost the only girl I ever loved and I doubt I'll ever get her back.

"Zane?" Hearing my name made me jump, remembering I was still on the phone with Matt. "Are you still there?"

"Yea, I'm here. I'm gonna go back to my hotel room, get my things, and I'll be back later, alright?"

"Yea, man. If you need somewhere to stay I doubt Kat and Kyle would have a problem with you crashing there." I snorted.

"Yea, but what would her boy toy say?"

"Dominic isn't as bad as you think. Sure he throws his money around and he's a known player, but man he seems to love her a lot. Give him a chance." My heart sank and I felt betrayed. He even had my own brother on his side.

"But you said he was just a rebound."

"No, I said he was probably just a rebound, there's a difference bro." I raked a hand through my hair, sighing. "Man I'm sorry but did you really expect her to wait around for you to maybe come back to her?"

"No, but I just hoped she'd wait for me, you know." I wouldn't tell anyone this, but the thought of coming back to her was what kept be going. The thought of her at home waiting for me made me smile at the worst of times.

"Well, maybe if you hadn't ran like a little boy you could have talked to her." I could tell he was smirking by the sound of his voice.

"Yea, maybe." I hung up before he could come up with a smart remark and started thinking.

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.