'5' Hey, Mr. President... {Part One}

Hey, Mr. President I Think You're My Daddy

'Katalina'

"I know I'm late and I'm sorry. I didn't wake up till around noon." I rambled walking into Mr. Gallagher's office. Kyle's dad, John, hated it when people were late for things, especially when they were late seeing him. But hey he's like an uncle to me and I know that he has a weakness for hamburgers, so I'm easily forgiven, most of the time.

"Kat, I know that. Kyle called and said you got home late after having drinks with a Mr. 'Hot Stuff'" He said, frowning. He knew Kyle was gay, didn't completely agree with it, but he wanted his son to be happy so he never said anything.

"Oh, god. I'm gonna kill that cheerio." John laughed and motioned for me to sit on the couch. "I am really sorry. I didn't get home till around 2 and well..."

He just nodded and chuckled lightly. "How's your father? Is he okay with you trying to find your... other father?"

"He's good, um I haven't actually told him I'm gonna try and find him yet, but he seemed okay with it before." I had honestly forgot to talk to my dad about it, but I doubt he'd have a problem with it.

"Well you should tell him. He might know something that could help." I nodded and put that on my list of things to do today.

"So how's this gonna work?" (I have no clue how this kinda stuff works so if its totally off, let me know.)

"Did your mother have any other pictures of him?" I shrugged. All of my mother's things were put in a storage unit after she died, just because they were too hard for my dad to look at. I had refused to look at any of her things, so my dad thought it would be easier on both of us if he put it all away, until we could handle looking through it all.

"I don't know. All of her stuffs in storage. I could look, but it'd take a while." He nodded and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Alright, I don't want you to look through it if you aren't ready. I know how hard it is." His eyes held unshed tears. His wife, Mary, had died 2 years ago and from what I've heard from Kyle his father still had yet to go through her things.

I just nodded. What was I supposed to say? Thanks? Yea, right. I just don't know what to do any more! Ha, I never knew what to do. Things just seemed to happen when and how they wanted.

"It's fine. I'll call my dad or see if Kyle will go with me. She's probably got other pictures of him somewhere." I doubt my dad will be able to go through my mom's things, but Kyle would give anything to go through her clothes, so he'd help.

"Alright, do you still have the picture she gave you?" I nodded and looked through my bag for the one picture that started it all. Yes, I kept it. I don't know why but I just couldn't bring myself to give it back to my mom. She looked happier in the picture than I'd ever seen her before, even with my, er.. step-dad, I guess. Ugh, this is confusing.

I gave him the picture and to my surprise he shooed my out of his office. He said he'd call when and if he found out any other information. Part of me wished he'd find out soon and the other part wished he'd never find anything. It would make things so much easier on my poor brain.

I was walking past the waiting room type of area when I saw the president on the TV. Mark Walker is relatively young around late 30's to early 40's and probably the best president we've had so far. Some people were unsure about whether or not he'd make a good president because he was a lot younger than the other candidates but he's proved them all wrong, so far.

I didn't pay attention to what he was saying, no I was thinking about what Kyle had said when he first saw that picture. It couldn't be possible that my father was the president could it? I mean yea he and the guy in the picture look a hell of a lot alike, but my mother would have told me wouldn't she?

My phone started ringing and I answered not looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is this Katalina Daniels?" A woman's voice asked over the line and I could hear in her voice that she was annoyed.

"Yea, who's this?"

"That is none of your concern. What is of your concern is that you should stop looking for your father." She snapped.

"Why?"

"Because! If he didn't want you or your whore mother before he surely won't want you now. So don't waste your time trying to find him. That is unless you want to lose your scholarship." She hung up and I just stared at the phone. Who the hell was that bitch!?! Why did she just threaten my scholarship! Did I mention that I got a scholarship? Well I guess you all know now.

My phone started ringing again.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously, not wanting to get yelled at again.

"Kat? You okay?" Of course Kyle would call. You know its kinda creepy how he always know when I'm upset.

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"Because Hot stuff called." I frowned, I hadn't given Dominic my home phone had I?

"But I never gave him my home phone... Well I don't think I did." Kyle giggled.

"I kinda, maybe, mighta, snatched your phone and got his number. But anywho that isn't the point at the moment. You young lady have date tonight."

"Kyle! Why would you!? Ugh, you are so lucky I love your gay ass! But wait we never agreed to go out again." I was confused and really needed an aspirin.

"Well, I told him you'd love to go out with him so he's taking you out tonight at 8."

"Kyle! You know I have class from 6 to 7:30! What the hell!?" I was now standing in the elevator all by myself. No clue how I got there, but oh well.

"Oops. How about this I'll help you get ready okay?" I groaned but agreed. There is no possible way Kyle will let me get out of this so there's no point in arguing.

I just hope he doesn't have me dress up like a damn whore for my date tonight.

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.