'19' Hey, Mr. President... {Part Two}

Hey, Mr. President...{Part Two}

I know its been forever, right? I'm really sorry but I just couldn't think of anything to write and things at home haven't been that great so I don't really have that much time to write.

If everything goes as planned this is almost over, I think. Can't tell you guys for sure how many more chapters there will be but there won't be many more.

'Katalina'

"I'm afraid we had to put your father in a chemically induced coma. The knife was only inches from his heart and at this time, Ms. Daniels, I cannot tell you for sure if he'll make it. I'm sorry." The doctor walked back through the doors of the ICU, leaving me standing in the hall with tears running down my cheeks, alone. For some reason they wouldn't allow Dominic, Kyle or Matt in so now I have to worry about my father on my own.

My father is dying and no one is willing to tell me what happened. Why is that? Is it because according to the rest of the world I'm some insane stalker or just something else? I mean, obviously someone told them that I'm his daughter, but why wouldn't they tell me what happened? All I was told was that he'd been stabbed, only inches from his heart and that the doctors weren't certain he'd survive.

"This is so fucked up." I mumble to myself walking back to the waiting room, stiffly, my mind reeling with it all. How is it that in one moment I'm in a great mood and the next I'm watching my father fight for his life? I'd been happy with Dominic, hell even on the way to the hospital I'd been unable to wipe the permanent smile from my face and now? Now the tears are so close to the surface that I don't know how I'm managing to hold them back.

What happens if he doesn't make it? I get this short amount of time with my biological father only to have the rug ripped from underneath me just when things start making sense? The one time in my life where things have finally seemed to have fallen into place and its all falling apart because of one person. There's no doubt in my mind who did this, no one else could have had the access to him to have done it, though why she would have done it is confusing. Kathryn claimed to have loved Richard, so why would she try to kill him?

But I guess it doesn't really matter now, does it? Kathryn's dead, and even when I know I should feel some compassion for Dominic and Jamie losing there mother, but after everything the woman's done how can I? I should want to comfort him but all I can feel is relief that its finally over, I hope. Even though I love Dominic more than anything I just can't seem to force myself to feel sorry for the woman.

As soon as I walked into the waiting room Dominic was at my side, pulling me tightly into his chest, mumbling about how everything was going to be alright. I didn't say anything, only buried my head closer, letting the tears fall even as she hushed me, continued to say that everything would work itself out in the end. But I couldn't see it.