'18' Hey, Mr. President...{Part Two}

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

Hey, Mr. President...{Part Two}

Dyslexia is a serious thing, I know several people with it, including one of my friends' uncles. He went his entire life with dyslexia and no one knew it until after he had passed. I personally don't know much about it, but if I offend anyone I don't mean to and I'm sorry.

Its short, but I've got serious writer's block.

'Katalina'

Where the hell did Matt and Kyle go? I swear those two would make great ninjas or something, they're always creeping around the house scaring this shit out of me, but I can never figure out where they hide. Its like there are secret doorways or something in this place, because I swear they pop out of the most random spots. Two minutes ago they'd been in my room telling me to go and talk to Dominic and now I can't find them, its like they've disappeared into thin air. Which knowing those two could have possibly happened.

“Are you going to tell us what you said to the poor girl?” What was her name, Nikoletta? Its a pretty name but I don't think I should be listening to this. Right? I mean its obviously private so I should just go back upstairs and pretend like I never heard anything.

“Kat, what the hell are you doing? Get down here so they don't see you!” Matt hissed at me from where he and Kyle were hiding from under the stairs.

“How the hell did you even get your fat asses in there?” And of course do they answer me? No, they pull in the tiny cubbyhole with them, kyle planting himself in my lap, listening to Dominic's conversation with his parents.

He mumbles something too low for me to hear and by Nikoletta's gasp I'm gonna guess that whatever he said she hadn't liked.

“Dominic! How could you!? Why would you say something like that to her?” She glares at him, standing from her seat slowly. “Do you really think that? Because if you do then boy I am going to skin your scrawny little ass! Do you hear me, boy?”

“Damn, that woman is scary.” Kyle whispers, lowly to Matt who just nods in agreement. Personally I don't find her scary, maybe a little amusing, but how can someone so small be considered scary?(No offense to short people!)

“No! I don't really think that, hell I don't even know where it came from. It just sort of slipped out when we were arguing, but I didn't mean it, I swear. I can't lose her it would kill me, not to mention what it would do to Casey.”

What he'd said was sincere, you could hear it in his voice, but that didn't change anything, does it? I mean does it matter now that he's sorry? Anyone can say something horrible to a person and then turn around and apologize, but he means it, I think.

“Well then go fix it!” She yells at him, glaring harshly when he doesn't move. “Dominic...” Uh oh, what am I gonna say when they find out I'm not in my room? Yea, I can see that one going well, damn my curiosity.

“I can't she won't listen to me. But whats the point? Its not like she'll stick around when she finds out I'm dyslexic.” He's what? Dyslexic? How?

Before I could stop myself, before I even realized what I was doing I'd scrambled out of the cubbyhole and at the bottom of the stairs.

“You're what?” Dominic jumped and spun around, staring at me shocked. My mind couldn't process what he'd said, I couldn't understand what his words meant. I don't know if I wanted to understand what he'd said. How could I not have know if he was dyslexic? Was I really that self involved that I hadn't noticed?

“I-How much did you hear?” He asks, his eyes darting about the room instead of looking at me. I take a step closer to the room, frowning at my own lack of knowledge about him. How had I not known?

“Dominic are you dyslexic?” Why would he not tell me? Did he really think I'd leave him because of it?

He sighs running a hand through his hair. “Yes, dammit you weren't supposed to find out this way. We'll leave now.” He bent to pick up Casey while I stood there confused. Leave? Why would he leave?

“Dominic, why are you going to leave?” I ask taking a step closer to him, stopping when he turns around frowning down at me.

“Because you want me to leave?” He said, well rather asked looking confused. I shouldn't be finding this funny, I mean this is serious right? So why can't I pass up on joking with him?

“I do?” I ask, tilting my head to the side, watching the confusion on his face grow. It shouldn't be funny to see how adorable he looks, should it?

“Well yea, why would you want me to stay now?” He asks, frowning looking angry all of a sudden.

“Maybe because I love you?” I take another step closer to him, barely containing my laughter at the confused look on his face.

His forehead scrunches up as he stares at me. “Why?”

I can't help it, a small smile curls my lips and I take the final steps closer to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, laying my head on his chest. “You are so... I don't even know how to describe it. Do you honestly think that because you're dyslexic that I don't want you?”

He frowns, clearing his throat. “Well yea. Why would you love someone that can't read or write?”

I grin at him. “Well I love Kyle don't I? Dominic, you should have just told me, I'm not gonna leave you, hell we were only apart for what two days and I missed the hell out of you. I love you silly, you're stuck with me now.”

His eyes go wide with happiness and he quickly looks over at his dad. “Am I dreaming? Because if I am this is going to suck ass when I wake up.”

He chuckles. “No, boy, you're not sleeping. I told you you should have just told her the truth. Then you wouldn't have smelled like ass for two whole days.”

“Dominic, you smelled like ass for two days?” I ask him, slightly disgusted. Why would someone sit in their own stink for two days? Nevermind, I don't wanna know. “Honey, you do know that there's a way to clean yourself right? Its called a shower.”

His eyes narrow on mine and he pouts. “I was waiting for you to come and help me, but then dad came said he'd wash me himself if I didn't get off my ass, so..” Oh my god, that would be so funny! The thought alone is enough to leave me rolling with laughter.

Before anyone can say anything else there's a knock at the front door. Which Kyle and Matt race to get, climbing over each other to get out of the cubbyhole.

“Dammit, Matt let go of my pants! You're gonna pull them down and baby I'm not wearing any underwear!” Kyle screams, causing Dominic's dad and step-mom to watch them like they're insane, oh well they'd get used to it eventually.

“Will you two stop? I swear you're gonna scare away whoever is at the door.” I mumble, pushing past them to the door, frowning when I open it to a man I've never seen before in my life. “Hi, can I help you?”

He clears his throat. “Yes, are you Katalina Daniels?” I nod, watching him confused. I couldn't understand the sad light in his eyes. “I was sent here to escort you to the local hospital, you are in fact Richard's daughter, correct?”

“Y-Yes, but why is he in the hospital?” Oh god, oh god, this can't be good. This is bad, this is really bad.

“I'll explain it all on the way.”

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.

I know its short but I've got writer's block, hopefully there'll be another chapter soon.