'2' Hey, Mr. President... {Part Two}

Put your story text here...Hey, Mr. President... {Part Two}

Not edited.

'Katalina'

"Kitty Kat! Come out, come out where ever you are!" Kyle sang walking past my hiding place in the closet with Matt close behind. The two dumbos decided that they were gonna dye my hair green. And of course they just conveniently decided to forget to ask me if they could. I said no and they started chasing me around the house, so I hid.

I could have chosen a better hiding place than the closet in the bathroom, but I didn't have much time to think. I would really like to keep my hair the same color, so I hid in the smallest place I could find, unintentionally of course. Hopefully they've had enough sugar this morning to make they're hide and sneak skills a little sluggish. Doubtful, but a girl can hope right?

"Kit Kat, come on! Its only a temporary dye, you can wash it out tomorrow." Matt said, and I could just imagine the smirk on his face. He was lying of course, I had gotten my hands on one of the bottles and no where on it did it say temporary. Even if it were I wouldn't come out, they wouldn't let me wash it out until after they had their fun.

"Asshole," My eyes widened and I froze when they're footsteps started back towards where I was hiding. Oh, shit. They're footsteps stopped and I could see their shadows through the crack in the door, I should have kept my mouth shut.

"Hmm, I wonder where she could be hiding at?" I wanted to slap the evil grin that I knew was on Kyle's face, but I stayed put. Hoping, praying they would go away and leave my poor hair alone, but do I ever have such luck? Hell, no. For some unknown reason these two love dying and styling my hair, and if I put up a fight they just tie me to a chair until they're done.

"I don't know, she always was good at hide and seek." Total lies, and Matt knew it. I was always the first person found during hide and seek, mostly because Kyle always ratted me out, but that isn't the point. I so do not want to walk around with green hair, I don't think it would go well with my skin tone.

DING DONG

Oh thank the lord, I thought as they're shadows moved away from the closet and I heard their footsteps going down the stairs. Don't ask why but lately they've been doing everything together, including tormenting me.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and slowly climbed out of the tiny closet. As far as I could tell they were down stair with whoever was at the door and this was my one chance to get to a better hiding place. But where?

"Sure you can stay here, Zane. I doubt Kat will have a problem with it." I froze, what the hell? Zane can't stay here, and since when is he back around? He can't just leave for three months and then ask to stay here! It isn't right, at all.

"Like hell he can!" I yelled walking down the stairs glaring at the cheerio in front of me and his boyfriend. Zane flinched but kept quiet, which was good on his part. I don't know what I'd do if he started talking after everything.

"Why not Kat? He has no where else to stay and you spend most of your time with Dominic anyway." Kyle had a point but that didn't mean I was going to agree. I still pay rent here so as far as I'm concerned I have the right to tell him no.

"Where's he been staying for the past 3 months? He didn't need a place to stay then." Maybe I was being to harsh, but my feelings were so jumbled right now that I didn't care. He can't come back and expect everything to be the same as it was before he left.

"I was staying at a hotel on the other side of town." Zane answered staring at me with the same eyes that had made my heart melt and my knees go weak. That was before and this is now, it wouldn't work on me this time, I hope.

"Well why don't you go back there?" I was faintly aware that Matt and Kyle were slowly sneaking out of the room all thoughts of dying my hair gone. They knew this argument was going to happen sooner or later and I don't think either of them wanted to see it.

"I thought we needed to talk." His voice was emotionless, his face blank like the day we met. He'd been so cold before, but that had changed over a while, I'd broke down his walls before but I don't know if I want to now.

"You should have thought of that before you decided to leave in the first place." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"So you're still upset about that? Kat I told you why I left, I thought you understood." His mask was gone, letting me see how broken he really is.

"You thought wrong, Zane. Did you really think I was happy about that? I didn't know if I'd ever see you again, then you come back and tell me you're leaving again in a couple months! What do you expect? Did you think I'd wait here for you like I was desperate!?"

He shook his head. "No, but I expected you to at least understand why I joined the service in the first place!" He yelled, scaring the shit out of me.

"I know why you did it, Zane. I just don't like it. I was so scared I was gonna lose you, so I put it out of my head. I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to hope you'd come home and then get a call saying you'd got your head blown off. I just lost my mom and I don't think I could have dealt with it if I lost you, too." I had tears in my eyes by the time I was done talking and I couldn't look at him.

Zane didn't say anything he just wrapped me in his arms letting me sob into his chest. There were no comforting words, or anything said he just held me. The familiar sparks shot through my body where ever his skin touched my and I loved it. I didn't realize how much I missed him until now, but I couldn't get my hopes up. I wouldn't let myself get hopeful only to have him ripped away from me, again.

"Are you leaving again?" I mumbled into his shirt, but I knew he heard me.

"No, not as long as you want me here." He kissed the top of my head and pulled me into the living room, to the couch. I sat in his lap, like before and just laid my head on his shoulder. I didn't know what to say to him, not sure if I wanted him around the way he wanted me. If I did what would that mean for Dominic?

"So can we dye your hair now?" Kyle asked from the doorway, where he stood with Matt holding two bottles of green hair dye.

"NO!" They pouted at me and turned to Zane.

"Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!"

"I don't want green hair!"

"So?" They asked together cocking their heads to the side.

"What do you mean 'so'!? I don't want my hair green!" I yelled back at them while Zane shook with barely contained laughter.

"Zane, hold her down." Matt said smirking at me.

Well, shit I'm screwed now.

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.

Dominic or Zane? Pick your fave, cause I'm torn between the two.