'14' Hey, Mr. President... {Part One}

Hey, Mr. President I Think You're My Daddy

Its not edited.

'Katalina'

"Huh, the guy sounds like an asshat to me." Matt said as soon as I finished talking. I had told him everything and this was the first time he'd spoke. Now if I had been talking to Kyle he would have interrupted asking questions that I was about to answer. The damn cheerio can't keep his mouth shut.

I just rolled my eyes and sighed. Telling him everything that had and hadn't happened between Dominic and I just made me more confused. I liked him, hell I think I'm falling for him, but I don't want or need the drama that is guaranteed to come with him. I have too many things to worry about now as it is, I don't need to worry about his ex girlfriend trying to kick my ass. That's a great reason to stop seeing a guy don't ya think? But that's not the only reason....

"Zane's coming back." I froze as soon as the words were out of his mouth and I'm almost positive Matt noticed it. "He says he misses you, Kit Kat."

Zane is the other reason.

I nodded and turned my attention to the passing cars, trying to not get my hopes up. I didn't need a repeat of last time.

"He's not going back. This is his last tour." I knew Matt was trying to get a reaction out of me but I just ignored him and the feelings and thoughts buzzing around in my head. They said that last time and then he had to go back. He hadn't wanted to go back, I don't think anyone ever would, especially after what he saw.

"You know he didn't want to leave you, right?" I didn't say anything so he continued. "Kit Kat, my brother was head over heels for you. I mean he talked about you all the-"

"Matt! Please don't, I'm already having a hard time not crying. Please." Matt nodded and stopped talking, leaving me to my thoughts. Thoughts that I didn't want to have.

Zane, Matt's older brother, was really the only guy I was ever serious about. He was my highschool sweetheart even though we never went to the same highschool. We'd been together since I was 15 but he joined the service 3 yrs ago and I haven't really talked to him since. He'd come back on leave once and he thought he wasn't going back but he had to, for some odd reason. I was heartbroken and never really forgave him for leaving even if it wasn't his choice. He was my first everything and I don't think I'd ever stopped loving him.

I think a part of me was just pushing thoughts of him to the back of my mind. I didn't want to think about him, hope that he'd come home for good, because what if he was killed? What if he died over there? I don't think I could handle that if I held onto the hope that he was coming back. Maybe Dominic was just a distraction? I don't know but right now I'm really mad at Matt for making me think about all of this. I was fine, moved on, and then he goes and starts talking about his brother and gets me even more confused than I was, if that's even possible. Why can't I date a guy and have no drama or heartache?

"When does he come back?" I didn't really want to know but I couldn't stop the words from spilling out of my mouth.

"Next month."

Tears welled up in my eyes and I fought to keep them under control.

~

"You sure, you don't want me to come in?"

"Yea, it'll be fine. I think." Matt nodded uncertainly but didn't say anything else. I told my arms to move, to open the door, but I couldn't. I didn't want to go in there. I don't want to finally admit that my dad isn't really my dad. How am I supposed to let someone else take his place?

"You sure, Kit Kat?" I nodded, but even I knew I was lying to myself. I don't think I ever actually believed I would find my real dad, especially not this fast. I figured there would be a few leads but I never thought they would lead anywhere. Now that its actually sunk in that my 'dad' is in my home I'm scared shitless. I want to go back in time and not ask Kyle's dad for help. I want to go back 2 yrs and beg my mother to not tell me. To let me believe my dad was my dad, even if just for a little while. I want my life to go back to the way it was. Is that selfish? Is it wrong for me to want that? To not want to get to know the person that had wanted nothing to do with me all those years?

"Ok, I can do this right?" I asked not believing I actually could. Matt just nodded eying the car in the drive way that I didn't recognize.

"You can do this Kit Kat. If you need me call, alright?" I nodded and gave him a hug before getting out of the car. I walked to the front door and froze. I don't think I can do this. I don't want to be here, I don't want to meet this guy. I want to keep the dad I have.

"Come on Kat. You can do this. Stop being such a damn baby." I told myself, yes I talk to myself. Rarely but I do give myself little pep talks, but they usually don't work... Ok that is really not helping the current situation. God, why do I have to talk to myself NOW! I mean seriously there are all these other times I could have an argument with myself but NO it has to NOW. Urgh, I think I have issues or maybe my mom dropped me on my head when I was little? Yea, that's nice blame it on a dead person, Kat.

"Kit Kat I know you like to argue with yourself but do you really think now is the time!?" Matt yelled laughing from his car. I just flipped him off and walked into the house, not realizing I had.

"Kat! There you are!" Kyle yelled as I stepped into the living room. He looked very guilty about something, though. Oh, well.

Staring at this guy I felt like I'd seen him somewhere but I couldn't place it. He looked so familiar that is was scary, but I had no clue where I'd seen him at before. He didn't look happy to be here and it hurt but there was something... off.

Something didn't feel right.

'Matt'

"Kit Kat I know you like to argue with yourself but do you really think now is the time!?" I yelled through my laughter. It was fake but she'd never know. Once Kat was in the house I looked at the car closer. It looked exactly like my dad's car, but that's crazy, right? My dad's never even met Kat before so why would he be here? I think I need some coffee.

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.

I know I'm dragging out the actual meeting but I'm still working on its gonna go. It will be in the next chap, but that won't be out for a little bit. If anyone has any ideas on how it should go please tell me, I need help! I'm working on it now, but I have no clue how to go about it.

I was going to put more of Matt's POV but I don't think it worked well with the rest of th chap, maybe its just me but oh well.