'8' Hey, Mr. President... {Part Two}

Hey, Mr. President... {Part Two}

My grandmother died today and I kinda needed a distraction from it so I started writing, if it sucks say so and I'll rewrite it sometime, but I think it gets the point across.

'Katalina'

"So, that's it then you told him you chose?" Zane asked sitting down at the kitchen table with me. I smiled widely at him and he rolled his eyes. "You act as though you've won the lottery, Kat."

"Well, I feel like I've won the lottery." I hesitated, not knowing if I should say it or not. "Thank you, Zane. I know this hasn't been easy on you and I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, Katalina. What are you gonna do about his little boy?" For that I had no answer, I honestly have no clue what I'm gonna do about Casey, I wonder what he'll think about all this.

"I honestly don't know, Zane. I never thought about it. What if this hurts him?" He just smiled sadly at me.

"Then you'll have to make sure you explain it to him just right." He stood from his seat kissed the top of my head and wandered out of the kitchen, leaving me to all of my jumbled thoughts. Staring at the table I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if I would have chose differently. Would I have felt this happy, finally knowing who I loved more? Knowing who I wanted to wake up to every morning. It wouldn't be fair to him, it would only hurt all of us more if I had, but I can't help but wonder.

I wonder what life would be like several years down the road. Would we still be together? Would I still love him they way I do now? Or would our love fade into the background? Would it just be a memory of our past? I've never been one to look forward t what my life will be like, but now that I know who I want I can't help it. What if I've made the wrong choice? My heart is telling me I haven't, but what if in the long run I chose the wrong guy? Would I be able to change my decision then? No, probably not, but thinking now I don't think I'll ever want to.

I love them both, but I love one so much more. So much more that it hurts to be away from him now. So much so, that I can't begin to imagine why I didn't see it before. Why I didn't know from the start who I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. Maybe I should have had a talk with Zane sooner, maybe I would have realized it then. Oh well, I know now that's all that matters right?

"Kit Kat, why do you look so happy? Did you get lucky with my brother?" Matt asked pulling me from my thoughts as he sat next to me with a tub of cookies 'n cream ice cream and two spoons. I took the one he offered and put a spoonful in my mouth, not wanting to tell him anything just yet.

"No, I chose." His eyes widened as he leaned forward expecting me to tell him everything straight away. Ha, I wonder if he be mad if I kept it to myself...

"Well, come on you have to tell me! Who did you pick!?" I just wiggled my finger at him and ate my ice cream. Matt and Kyle could wait until morning for their gossip, I really doubt Zane will tell them anything. That is, unless he wants me to castrate him.

'Matt'

I pouted at Kat while she ate the ice cream I'd gotten. Kyle had called me earlier saying she was going to have a talk with Zane. So, like the good friend I am I got her favorite ice cream. I didn't think she'd be so happy after talking with Zane, but I guess I know why. She finally chose, but I wonder who she chose. Knowing, Kat she'll make me wait until tomorrow until she tells me, unless I can get it out of Zane. He should know, but I wonder if she threatened him so he'd stay quiet... She probably did just so we wouldn't know.

"Come on, Kat. You can't just tell me that you chose and then not tell me who!?" I whined at her, not bothering to get up to answer the door when someone knocked. Whoever was at the door could wait, I want to know now.

"Matt, someone should probably answer the door before whoever that is knocks it down." She said smirking at me, knowing she got away with not telling me, for now. I glared at her briefly before standing up from the table to answer the door, taking the tub of ice cream with me.

"Matt! You asshole, bring back my ice cream!" She yelled through her laughter. I just flipped her off over my head and opened the door to a very disheveled Dominic.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked frowning. The way she and Zane were acting earlier I don't think she chose Dominic, but surely she wouldn't have him come back from New York just so she could tell him her choice, would she?

"Is Katalina here?" He asked with a blank expression, his eyes searching the room behind me.

"I'm in here, Dominic. You can just push Matt out of the way if he doesn't move." Oh, I bet she would just love to see my fall on my ass. Ha, tough luck doll.

'Katalina'

Maybe I should tell Matt, but then he'd tell Kyle and then everyone would know before I had the chance to tell Dominic. No, I haven't told him yet. I didn't think it was something you should say over the phone. This is why no one else but Zane knows my choice, I mean after all he was the one that helped me pick.

Dominic walked into the kitchen with a blank expression on his face, Matt following right on his heels. "I guess we need to talk."

I nodded then shot Matt a very pointed look to which he pouted. "Oh come on! Zane knows so why can't I?" Damn it, why did he have to say that? He just couldn't keep his big mouth shut, can he?

Dominic's face fell, his eyes searching my face for a confirmation to what he thought. But he didn't find any, my eyes were on Matt, glaring at him.

"Matt, leave now." I snapped at him. He nodded slowly and walked out of the room up the stairs. I waited until his footsteps disappeared before I turned to Dominic.

"So, you chose him?" He asked his voice breaking, tears filling his eyes. My own eyes widened at the sight, out all the time we've spent together I don't think I've ever seen him cry before. It breaks my heart that I'm the one that's making him cry.

"No, I didn't pick Zane." I said but he wasn't listening. He had turned and started walking to the front door. When what I said had registered in his mind he froze, turned around slowly and smiled at me.

"You didn't pick him? You chose me?" I nodded smiling at the look on his face.

"I chose you."

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.