'9' Hey, Mr. President... {Part One}

Hey, Mr. President I Think You're My Daddy

'Katalina'

"Where do we start?" I asked and of course all they did was shrug, is it really that hard to come up with an audible answer? I've asked that same question I don't know how many different times and so far the only actually answer I got was Kyle grumbling under his breath about how he wished he'd stayed in bed. "I'm serious! Its gonna take forever anyways, but I don't want to be here any longer than necessary."

Again no one answered, they just started looking in random boxes, well except for Dominic who just stood there looking out of place.

"You can go. You don't have to stay here." He just sighed and rolled his eyes at me.

"I told you I'd help, now stop saying that or I just might leave." I just stuck my tongue out at him and to my great surprise he bit it.

"What the hell!?" Again he just laughed. That was... random.

"So, what do you want me to do?" He asked acting like he hadn't just bit my tongue.

"I don't know." I watched my dad and John and I got the impression that something was going on with them and that they didn't want to tell Kyle or I. It was odd but they both looked happy so who was I to complain? They'd been through a hell of a lot more than I had so I'll just stay out of it, for now.

"Kat! Stop standing around and get looking! I got a date tonight and if I'm late I'll be really mad at you!" Kyle yelled shaking his finger at me and I just laughed, because he had a sucker in his mouth and was trying to not lose it and talk at the same time.

"Sorry." The unit wasn't very big but it was packed with all of my mom's things, clothes, shoes, jewelry, pictures, books, and pretty much anything else she owned. Dad had left everything the way it was in their old house for a while but he would just end up bawling whenever he saw anything of hers, which was all the time, so he put it all in storage. I'd went through it all before he did and just got out some little things to put in my room as a reminder of her but I couldn't bring myself to read any of her letters or look at the pictures.

I looked through the first box I found and found three photo albums that were full and looked kinda old-ish.

"Hey, Kat wasn't this that guy from the picture?" I looked up and saw that Kyle had another picture of my mom and the guy hugging and smiling widely at each other. The only difference between the two pictures is that my mother was holding a baby. And that baby was me.

So he knew I existed and just didn't care? I felt tears spring in my eyes at the thought. Of course I had no clue what had really happened but that didn't mean it didn't hurt to know that this guy whoever he was knew I existed and yet had done nothing to find me or even contact me. I mean is it really that hard to pick up the phone and dial? To have a simple conversation and write a simple letter or even an email? Was it really so unimportant to him that he couldn't even do that?

I felt a tear slid down my cheek and Dominic wrapped his arms around me, letting me silently sob into his chest. I was crying for a man I didn't even know. A person I wasn't sure that I even wanted to know. I was crying because it seemed as though he hadn't cared enough to put forth any effort to stay in my life. I was crying because my mother looked happier in that one picture than she had in the entire time I can remember her. She had seemed so happy with my dad but after seeing this picture I could tell she was happier in that time of her life than she was with my dad.

"I think that's enough looking for today." I faintly heard my dad's voice from behind me but I couldn't concentrate on it. I felt like I was worthless, which didn't make sense to me. Why should I care what a man that I never even knew existed thinks about me? For all I knew he was a damn drug addict or a murderer or something. So what should it matter what he thought of me? It as obvious that he hadn't wanted to find me, if he had he would have, right? Or that is unless he has memory loss, which sounds like some drama filled soap opera's story line. But then again ever since my mother told me that this guy was my dad my entire life has been kinda odd.

I pulled away from Dominic more than slightly embarrassed by my actions. But he didn't let go instead he grabbed my hand and pulled me to his car not saying a word. It seemed like he knew exactly what I needed at the moment which was silence. I needed to think about whether or not I actually wanted to find this guy anymore. If he knew I existed why didn't he try and contact me? Did he just not care? Or was there a reason behind his absence? I got in the car and watched as he walked to the driver side and got in, started the car and started driving to well I don't know where.

"Are you okay?" His voice was quiet like he was afraid to speak to loud. I just shrugged and looked out the window of his car, watching the houses and trees pass by.

"Where are we going?" We were going in the opposite direction of my home with Kyle but at this moment I didn't really want to go home.

"To my condo." Was all he said and the rest of the dive was silent. When we pulled up to the fancy building my stomach flipped and I was suddenly more nervous than I had ever been in my entire life.

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.