35: Sacrifices

Oh welcome back to the another chapter minna, and for everyone who thinks this story was finished, it's not ;-;

Pfft I trick you didn't I?

So back to the story uwu💕

Nana's POV

I was resting under of countless trees since Harith brought me here for safety from war. I got enegerized a bit, not like I was inside the abyss, weak and silent.

I tried to stand, I used my right leg while I was touching the ground using my left hand for support. As I succeed on standing with my right, I proceed to the left while holding the tree. As I succeed again, I tried to walk. So I made a single step, then another step till I gladly know that I can still walk.

"Nana!" I heard someone was calling me, I look forward to see who it was. And so I saw someone coming, when I tried to make my vision clearer I recognized it was Estes, Miya's brother. He when closer to me and immediately used his spell book and healed me.

"W-where's Harith?" I ask, "He joined on the war Nana," he answered. I widened my eyes, he still joined even though he's have deep painful scars. I covered my face with my bare hands, this is all my fault. None of this won't happened if I was being careful, letting my anger bursted because of my wrong understanding.

Regretness and sorrow started to came all out from me, all of them will get hurt and it's all because of me. What's even so special about me? I'm just a weak leonin who used a marksman weapons instead of magic.

I lean my head at the tree, being worried of all the moniyans receiving deaths, scars, injury, pain and that's just all for saving me. How cruel~

"I-..." Estes looked at me, I let out a sigh and look away, "Nevermind," my response. I noticed a worried smile that form on his lips, he touch my shoulder and said something. "I understand what you really felt right now," I closed my eyes as a tear starts to roll from my eye. "Their also doing this for piece of the Empire, no matter how many of us will sacrifice as long as the Land on Dawn will be in peace." he told me. "Kinda unfair right?" he ask and ofcourse I let out a nod.

He stand up, "Now come with me and find a place where is more safer." he lend me his hand, I took his hand and help me stand up then we begun running.

While we we're running, we heard loud noises their making from the war. I know their trying their best as they can just to make the Moniyan Empire in peace but I just wished that all of us will comeback together to the empire safe.

I heard Estes, he was heavily panting while we're both running, he already lost his stamina. "U-uhm Estes, we need to take a break, you need a rest just for a minute." I requested, "There's no time, we need to keep you from danger." he refused, then suddenly some few monsters appeared.

"This way!" he tighted his grip but not to tight that makes my arm hurt then went to the other way, he used one of his skills by making those monsters slower.  "Are you sure you we can still keep going?" I worriedly ask, "Yes," he's answer while he continued panting. "Don't worry, we're almost there." he added, I just gave him a worried smile.

Then suddenly, two abyssal demons appeared infront of us. "Do you really think you can escape you little one?" the white-haired girl with demons horns ask, Estes guarded me by blocking using his arms. "I will forbidden you to touch her again." he angrily said, he used one of his skills again to make them slower just like he did earlier.