CH 28 - Silver

3rd Person POV

Hospital Roof - Nami

The doors rolled open, a figure walked towards the railing, her red coat flowing behind her. She held out her right hand, a silver web appearing on the back and down her index finger. A silver thread extended, circling her, expanding, another circle appearing, then expanding and carried on.

Once done, she raised her hand above her head, casting her web. Power crackled through the silver lines, catching and destroying the leaches.

She murmured a new spell, the silver threads turning golden. They found and destroyed the power points responsible for the blanking. The casters ran but small golden threads leapt into their hair. Her mages would find them.

The lady turned to the young girl watching her silently from the corner. "You are the new finder witch?"

"I am." Nami's eyes glowed as she raised her hand, a bird coming to land on her finger. "I have a job for you."

"Who will she lead me to?" The mage asked watching the magical creature. "Must be important, if you called me."

"The contract holder for the demon."

"Always very tricky child, they are well guarded." The mage answered. "But that is why you called an Earl. You didn't ask my name."

"If it is not said, the demon will not know who is here." Nami replied.

"Smart girl." The Earl smiled. "You plan to uproot the demon lord?"

"That depends on P'Arthit." She answered. "And P'Kong, once he remembers."

"You do know, he's managed to break into her halls."

"Has he now." Nami's voice held no surprise as she let the bird fly. "We need to hurry."

"Patience is a virtue, child." The Earl had a few more questions.

"Good for us, demons have very little."

"Em did say I would like you." The Earl smiled taking out her phone. "I do."

~~~~~~~~~~

Ruins – Blood Prince.

It was waiting. The moment the Prince returned through the door, the small light burned with magic and moved. It didn't take him long to mist and follow, leading to an old part of the world. Scorched earth and scattered brick of people long gone, littered the surroundings. He could hear the voice before he stopped and knew why the little girl wanted him here.

"I have been waiting for you. Arthit's Beloved."

"Keep waiting."

The man wasn't fast enough as he was slammed against the ground, a hand around his neck. Smoke lashes at the land around them, slipping onto the binds and freeing Kongpob. Mist gently draping his hurt form, to help heal and keep him safe.

"This place is blanked... how..." The rest of the man's words are cut off as the hand tightens.

"Do you think I would allow your little lord to take my grandsons beloved?"

Before he could snap his neck, purple smoke took the demon underling. But there was enough of his blood on the rock for his people to look for him.

"P'Arthit is...hurt... help him..."

It was touching, he was hurt and in pain himself, but his concern was for his beloved. Children never realised how powerful these connections were. Something as simple as a look, a touch, or a kiss is all it took. And you belonged together for eternity.