CH 3 - Slowly

Five figures stood on the corner of a rooftop, watching as the lights began to dim. The night was ending and the sunlight would soon chase away the dark. The four vampires watched a man help his friend into the backseat of his car, laughing with the others who also got in and drove away.

The young hunter watched a figure emerge from the shadows, her eyes shimmering as she saw more than the four with her. She blinked once more, her eyes turning normal but still watching the figure mist and disappear.

"You will need to watch him very carefully." Nami told the remaining four. "One wrong move and it could get complicated."

"Like it isn't already?" Bright looked at her.

"Arthit is the strongest among us." Prem reassured.

"He won't make a mistake." Tutah was confident.

"He will." Knot told them. "When it involves that boy, he will."

"Can we find the spell caster and kill them?" Bright suggested.

"It's much more complicated." Nami's eyes shimmered again. "There is something..."

She closed her eyes and clutched her head. She couldn't see souls like Her, but Nami knew there was something more going on.

"Arthit will not stay away from that boy." Knot's worried voice scared the others. "He needs to be close."

"His name is Kongpob Surtiluck and close is what we want too." Nami told the others. "We just need to make everything fall into place without them knowing."

The four vampires stared at the smiling young girl. She looked sweet and innocent, but their vampire instincts were screaming at them to take a step back. Four vampires misted, Prem and Tutah taking Nami home, Knot and Bright following Arthit. Four vampires also realised, they met another this night, who should not be crossed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Arthit POV

I watched him, my fingers lightly caressing his cheek. He took his friends home, then finished his work and just managed to fall asleep. I never cared when time rushed past me, but now the seconds away caused pain.

It took a full day, from the moment he vanished to when Nami found him. Time moved differently in her caverns and it was night again when I returned to see him. I touched his hair, the ends still a little damp. My fingers tracing his jaw, his head moving as they trailed down his neck and across his shoulder.

My gums ached, wanting to taste him. My lips longed to touch his, and the yearning returned. I should make him mine before he can disappear. But Her words echo through my mind, he will not last till his last breath.

Knot's advice, as I waited for Kongpob to rest, rang through my head. We needed to plan, to form a strong bond so She could break the hold they had on him. Why couldn't it have been as easy as for Wayo? Turn him and let the world be damned. But it wasn't the only warning I had been given.

"Don't drink from him P'Arthit, it might do harm." Nami cautioned. "No matter what, don't kiss him again either. The spell is tricky and I might not find him so quickly or easily next time."

20 hours and 39 minutes from the moment he vanished to the time I saw him again. Was that quick?

"You're mine." I whispered. "Mine..."

"You can be cruel, making me wait days to hear your voice." He took a step closer. "You make me long to hold your hand P."

Was this your revenge? Making me long to see you as I had done in the past?