CH 19 - Secrets

A/N: Hello everyone, hope you are all safe and well. A quick message to say thank you for your votes, taking the time to read and your comment's.

Also, if you are reading this story on any site other then Wattpad, it has been stolen and posted without my consent. Please be careful using these sites, I have been told many contain viruses and malware. Stay safe.

~~~~~~

Europe – Kong's Father (Boon)

"Dear..." Please calm down...

"I can't believe I listened to you. Let's move to Europe you said, be near the kids you said, look at everything we missed!"

Wait, she was the one persuading me to take over the branch here so we could be near the girls and the children.

"Dearest..."

She is going through her phone as it chimes, Nami is sending her a lot of pictures, good thing its digital or we would have lost the rainforest. Beam dancing on the table in the princess outfit...I'm sad we missed that too.

"And now Kong has a faan, a faan. Our Kong and I didn't know until now. Arthit, sounds like a nice name, wonder what she is like."

"Since he has a faan, he won't like you moving in..." I try to reason.

"Don't make excuses to stop me, I'm going back to Thailand. Get me a flight, or I'm hitchhiking!"

"You wouldn't..."

I chuckled but when my wife crossed her arms over her chest, I grabbed my phone. She would. My fingers stop moving when something comes to mind.

"She said Arthit, didn't she?" I ask finally.

"Nami you mean?" She asks looking up. "P'Arthit, yes."

"It means...the sun..."

"I think so, yes..."

"When the sun returns for him, to shine its light."

My rhyming voice gets her full attention, my wife looks at the family portrait hung on the wall. It was painted in the holidays before Kong left home for University and the girls stayed with us that summer. It was a happy time.

He made his way into the walk-in closet and turned the dials for the safe. Removing an old file, he took out the sealed envelope inside, bearing one word, Kongpob. He showed it to his wife.

"I think the time is coming to give this to him."

It was entrusted to him by his father-in-law when Kong was young, asked never to open it and give it to him when it was time.

"Do you know what my father wrote in that letter?"

"No, he said it was important." I answered. "I'm not much for superstition, but your father had an uncanny way about him."

She felt the same, he always seemed to know things before they happened, or sometimes it seemed he could make them happen.

"One more thing to happen before we can give it to him." She reminds me.

When the sun returns for him, to shine its light. When the moon shines on the darkest night. Only then, give this to Kongpob. Only then.

"I...I think we both should go back to Thailand."

His wife's tone was worried but he agreed. Something was going on and he had a feeling they should be near their son.

~~~~~~~~~~