CH 23 - Unexpected

Kits family home – 3rd Person POV

Kit's mother = Millie

Kong's mother = Mini

"I can't believe all this was taking place and I knew nothing!"

"It's what happens when you leave the country." Kits mother, Millie, poured another cup of tea. "You miss the important things."

Kong's mother, Mini, glared at her husband again, who pretended not to see the look. He sat on the other side of the room with Kit's father, playing backgammon.

"Don't make eye contact." Kit's father whispered to his old friend. "You will not survive..."

"Water tank." Kong's mother paced. "It's a miracle no one was hurt."

"From what I know, it was carefully arranged." Millie answered.

"How?" Mini looked at her friend surprised. "Who could do that?"

"Young Nami." Millie tells her. "She is like, aunty."

"You mean..." Kong's mother takes a seat. "She has...the gift..."

"Not only that." Her friend leans forward. "I think, hers is stronger than aunties."

Mini is too shocked to say anything for a few minutes, drinking her tea. She looked up to see the picture filled wall, with new additions. Phana and Wayo's wedding, she sniffled. They looked so adorable. The families went way back, living in the same street.

Kit and his faan, the boy was extremely handsome with a dark air about him. Then there was Beam and his new faan, he had a bad boy look but the way he watched Beam was sweet. Good thing Millie had pictures and the dance on the table when Beam was drunk, or she would have cried.

"So where is my son staying at the moment?" Mini asked, and Forth worked for Kong, what a coincidence. "The house is still shut up."

They were having the main house cleaned but what of her son? Where had Kong been staying all these days? He hated hotels but he wasn't with Em when she called to check.

"With his faan."

The shock made her drop the cup. Her son? Kong? Staying with someone so quickly?

"She's giving me a look." Kong's father whispered worried. "It's the one that is going to cause trouble."

"Where does his faan live?"

"THE house."

She stops pacing to look at her school friend. "Kong's, dream house?"

Now she knew something was wrong. No matter how hard they tried, the private detectives they hired no one could find out who the current owner was. All of a sudden, her son had a faan and was living happily in his dream house? Did she smell fish? Of course she did!

"Get your scarves and sunglasses, Mil." She stood up. "I need to see this with my own eyes."

"I'll get the binoculars as well." Kit's mother got up quickly. "Do you want the night vision too?"

"Bring everything!"

The husbands sighed as the wives ran out of the room making plans, this kind of thing happened in University, a lot. It made life interesting and was more fun then backgammon.

"Should we go with them?"

"Let's take our own car." Kong's father took out his wallet. "We need to stop for cash. We may need to bail them out, I only have euros."