CH 46 - Eyes

Kong & Arthit

"I missed you." Tears openly flowing from Arthit's eyes. "I'm sorry...I'm...sorry..."

Hearing the words, he missed him and seeing the look in Kongpob's eyes, Arthit couldn't hold back his emotions.

"I know." Kong's voice was gentle, his hand wiping the tears. "Everything since the day we met again, has shown me."

"I waited." Arthit's voice barely audible through the tears, but Kong could hear it. "She said you would be back."

"I'm sorry I made you wait." Kongpob's lips gently kissing the wet eyes, his forehead against Arthit's as he took a moment to let it sink in. "I won't do it again."

Even on the verge of falling into the abyss, the hope kept Arthit coming back. It was only a few months they shared, but it was everything. You can wait until the end of time for the one you love, those who have loved will understand.

"Not to be rude..." Knott interrupted. "But..."

The night around them was filled with smoke, the two standing in the centre of the trees as all around them things burned to ash and returned to the world they came from. Mages and vampires moving with lightning speed to protect the two from the demons.

Em watched his friend in between the fight, memories would be disoriented as they returned, needing time to take their place in order. But Kong's eyes shimmered, all his memories of the man before him, his Earth, had returned first.

"Kong, do you think you could have your romantic moment later." Oak snapped. "You're in the middle of a freaking demon horde attack!"

"Give them a moment, Oak."

"You always take Kong's side Em." Oak complained.

"You're just salty cause you can't kill quick enough."

"Shut it Wad, I kill faster than you." Oak scowled. "What do you mean, salty?"

"Keep them safe." Prem told the two friends. "Argue later."

They were short two vampire, Tutah had gone with Bright to help rescue Rome and Beam. The younger ones were not up to the task, barely managing to hold their own. They sighed in relief when they felt the Blood Prince's powers burn. He was outside.

"I am." Oak protested. "I broke a nail doing it. Want to see?"

"Arthit." Knott stopped long enough to say. "Get back to the house."

Knott could tell they needed rest, Arthit looked paler than usual and he hardly felt any power from Kong, even though he was a mage.

"P..." Kong moved Arthit, a nail scratching his cheek as something flew past.

Arthit's anger flared, his eyes turning crimson as the mist hissed and whirled. Tendrils of smoke grabbing demons as far as the eye could see and turning them to ash. Kong's arm circled Arthit, moving them to safety.

"Did Arthit just use elemental magic's?" Oak asked shocked as the two vanished, Em and Knott followed the pair. "I'm not the only one who saw it right?"

Arthit used his vampire abilities but they were seeped in an elemental power they didn't see him use before.

"It didn't feel familiar." Wad looked around. "It definitely wasn't Kong's."

"Kong just regained his." Tew moved out of the way, staking two demons against a tree. "Unless..."

"Unless what?" Oak asked. "Don't stop in the middle...actually let's wait till after, I might break more nails if I'm distracted. Wad, remind me never to piss of Arthit, okay!"