CH 8 - Simple

Arthit POV

Everyone exudes an aura, a small glimpse into their character with just a glance. His is a glow, gentle and warm. He turns heads as he walks, people stop to listen when he talks and his smile was...captivating.

Time had moved on but the world still wanted his attention. I wanted it more. I made my way through the crowd, being polite to those who wanted to speak to me but not stopping. The one standing beside him should always be me. A simple resolve, I wish I had made it back then.

He stops speaking to the gathered crowd, turning to smile at me. It was more captivating than before, even his eyes shone with mirth. He excuses himself, his full attention for me. I stop him when he tries to take two champagne glasses from the passing waiter.

"You should have rested a little." He looked a little pale to me.

"It's a great day, P." He replies cheerfully. "The start of something new, how could I miss it?"

The large venue was exclusive, filled with politicians, the old families, celebrities and even the mayor were in attendance, for the groundbreaking of the new hospital wing. The media were contained outside, only a few allowed in, for necessity. They liked to ask questions but one look from P'Poppy seemed enough to silence most. It should be ending soon.

"Did I frighten you?" He steps closer. "I'm sorry."

I didn't mean to leave the shadows but the way he struggled as he slept, the soft gasps and the pain as he tried to take in air, I couldn't stay away. Why did you have nightmares, were mine not enough?

"You still look tired."

"I've worked on less sleep." He looks around. "What this hospital does is amazing. If it was bigger and had more people it could do so much more. I'm glad you are doing this P'Arthit, and I feel honoured to be helping."

"Wayo always had a kind heart." I remember the small building it started with. "Over the years, it kept growing."

"You sound as though you know the original founder." He gives me a curious look. "You..."

"There you are." My father's voice interrupts. "I've been looking for you Arthit. You..."

"The young manager of, Harrow." P'Poppy is beside him.

"It is a pleasure, Sir." Kongpob offers his hand.

My father doesn't take it, watching him closely. I glance at P'Poppy, she seems as surprised as me by his reaction.

"Suthiluck?"

"Yes..."

"I did hear correctly." My father shakes his hand. "I knew your grandfather."

Kongpob looks relived.

"It's only mingling now." Father tells me. "Go rest."

"I've arranged a private room." P'Poppy never missed anything. "Take your friend to eat something and relax."

Someone appears to show us the way, Kongpob and I follow. I manage to see the look on my father's face before we leave the room, he looked worried.

~~~~~~~~~~

Poppy POV

"Master...?"

"Kongpob... Surtiluck..." He watches the door. "Arthit's... Beloved."

"Is something wrong?"

He returned late last night but I informed him immediately about Arthit.

"He has finally appeared." He takes my arm moving toward the gardens. "We need to go."