CH 44 - Darkest

Beam and Rome

"Why isn't sensei here to save us?" Beam asked. "He should have come to your appointment with you, you need a better Beloved."

"Hey, P'Bright went to see his friends." Rome defended.

P'Bright wanted to go with Rome, but he told him to go see his friends. Knowing everything the man did for him, made them closer. Since that night, they were always together, P'Bright even slept in his room with him.

Rome could tell P'Bright was worried about P'Arthit, he often heard him talking on the phone. When Nami told him the Caffe where the others were meeting wasn't far, he urged P'Bright to go, his appointment was only a check-up. He was in Heart hospital, after all, it was safe, what could happen.

"Why isn't P'Forth here to save you?" Rome snapped back.

"He's the owner of a company, he doesn't have free time. Like Sensei."

Before Rome could answer, Simi stopped the two. Telling them to be quiet, she could hear something. The little girl was listening at the door, she was worried about her duck. Which decided to steal Beam's phone and fly away, disappearing through a shaft near the ceiling.

Rome covered the doc's mouth; he really was loud. The portal may have gone but they used the small room to hide, closing the door and waiting for the vampires to leave. Rome checked his phone again, still no signal.

After a while, everything is quiet, they open the door and sneak out again. They find doors, after some searching but they are all securely locked, needing passkeys. Simi returns to stand in front of the same glass door again. Rome wondered who the woman inside was.

Near the wall of monitors, they find working computers. If one had an internet connection, they could get help. Beam took a seat in front of one of the keyboards.

"I'm going to hack the system."

"You know how?"

"I watch videos on YouTube." Beam answered. "I had to pick up new skills to keep up with Nami."

"You're going through files; anyone can do that."

"Stop talking Rome, you're ruining my concentration!"

"Did you find anything?" Rome asked when Beam gasps.

"All of these tests..." Beam frowns going through the pages. "It's drug trails. So many codes, so many different tests. Wait, that...That's a test code from heart memorial."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, the hospital uses these for special cases, thralls. Shit." Beam curses. "Someone's leaking hospital information."

"Do you think the people here are thralls too? Wait, doc." Rome moved closer. "Isn't that mine and your names? Why do they have files on us?"

Before Beam can answer, the screen switches as a call is incoming. He recognises the number on the display, that's from the hospital. He clicks the green phone icon, to see a shocked Yut, looking back.

"Doc Beam?"

"Suicidal zombie!" Beam says quickly. "Find my dinosaur and tell him I got kidnapped and come save me! and..."

"Doc..." Rome pulled his arm.

"Tell him I'm in some strange lab and there are lots of thralls here and..."

"Doc, I don't think you should tell him."

"Why?" Beam asked annoyed. "It's Yut."

"Someone's leaking hospital information." Rome pointed to the face. "And he, called us."