CH 45 - Hour

Contract-maker - Near the Lighthouse

"Why are you falling back?" The contract-maker yelled. "Keep going."

"There are too many."

"Use the demon horde." The contract-maker snaped. "Send them all."

"We have, but their defence is strong." The man answered. "Not only the vampires, but they have mages helping them."

They needed the memory Kongpob took, it was the final piece. They could finish what they started so many years ago. But they had to do it now, if that mage woke up, their chance to get it would be very slim.

The Blood Prince wasn't allowing the Dream witch to form a connection, the Demon Lord went to find a way in. They always won, always, why were they being pushed back? Twice, he watched the demon kill Kongpob, twice, why was it so hard this time? He waited too long, it might be time to do something himself.

~~~~~~~~~~

Caverns Below the Lighthouse.

"Arthit's father?"

Boom and Som shared a look. They couldn't doubt his words, the resemblance was uncanny.

"How can you be here?"

"I have unfinished business." Rojnapat moved his hand, but it went right through Som's shoulder. "I only have a little time left, before I have to move on."

He was a ghost. Once the man moved his hand, he looked as real as them. They hear noises from above, something groans. Rojnapat raises his hand with something in his palm, the chimes ring and everything is silent again.

"We must hurry, we don't have much time." The man told the other two. "The Blood Prince can't stop them for much longer. We need to wake them up before the Demon gets here or the witch can get in. Kongpob needs to wake up."

"Why does he want my son so badly?"

"Kongpob is the grandson of the Archmage." Rojnapat replied as he walked through the paths carved in the rock. "A child of two magic, it's never been done before. He thinks Kongpob's soul will give him the key to traverse the barriers between the magic realms."

"Why hasn't he already taken it?"

"Because Kongpob tricked him. He used the last of his magic to take the knowledge from the demon on how to do it..."

"You're lying." Som stopped. "That kind of knowledge cannot be kept that way, it's too powerful. That's why they made the Tomes."

"I didn't finish." The figure smiled. "That's what the demon thinks was taken, but the knowledge Kongpob took, was much more dangerous."

"How do you know so much about my son?" Boom looked serious.

Boom watched the being in front of him, he had many questions, and this man had the answers all along. He was there, what more did he know?

"I met him, back then." A look of guilt passed through the man's eyes. "We don't have time...hurry..."

The ghost stopped in a large cave, leaves swirling around even though there was no wind. Som watched the ghost closely, the traits so familiar to his eldest son. Why was he here now? Why not when Arthit screamed to see him?

"This array, we need to activate it." Rojnapat pointed to the floor, the marking almost gone. "Your blood will make the spell work."

"Spells are dangerous, especially ones needing blood." Som looked at the floor. "What is this for?"