CH 39 - Fleeting

Kong POV

"He shouldn't be here."

"He was dismissed."

I carried on walking, taking a seat opposite the chairman of the board, who watched me with narrowed eyes. Tew, Wad and Oak taking theirs near me.

"Gentleman." I smiled at the men in the room. "You made so many accusations to remove me, I believe any condemned man has a right to defend themselves."

"We took a vote..."

"Not all shareholders were present, it wasn't valid." Tew cut in.

"The board cannot take a vote to sell Harrow construction without the agreement of the current Manager." I interrupt. "After all, that is what this is all about, selling Harrow."

"We are trying to do no such thing." The man on the chairman's right spoke up. "It is a suggested merger..."

"We are all adults here." I look at him. "Let's call a spade a spade, shall we."

"Lets." The chairman sat forward. "The shareholders vote may not count but the board is different. I already have the signatures of 7 of the 10 board members, your vote would only be needed if it were tied. Plans for the deal will go ahead."

The chairman watched me with pure glee, believing he managed to take Harrow from my grasp. His victory wouldn't last long. I didn't want to play, I had dinner plans with P'Arthit and his parents.

"Like hell it is." The door opens, Forth walking into the room dressed in a suit. "Let's start again."

Whispers and gasps fill the room, a chair falling as one of the oldest members stands watching Forth, as though he had seen a ghost.

"According to the original contract, the board was only necessary, if, there was no owners present." He stood next to the chairman. "I'm Jaturapoom Jamornhum, Darvid Jamornhum's grandson, owner of Harrow. Get up, you're in my chair."

The man looked pale; the others didn't notice but I did. Forth put power into his voice, making the man move and took the seat.

"The company once again has an owner in this seat." He waves a hand, men in suits who followed him inside handing folders to each of the members. "The severance package, sigh the papers, take what I offer and leave. The board is, dismissed."

The room exploded into noise, most refusing to sign. The members demanding answers, Uncle Reek walked to Forth, touching to see if he was real, repeating how he looked like a carbon copy of his grandfather. No matter what tactic they tried, Forth came prepared.

"Let me introduce the police's finest." Forth silenced the room before he snapped all their necks. "From the Serious Frauds Office, their chief investigators, Korn and Fei."

Korn and Fei came in with officers, wearing official attire. What followed was a breakdown of what they were accused of, Korn and Fei had a lot on most of the members. They even had detailed meetings, money, gifts and bribes received in order to agree to the takeover. The paperwork would take them some time.

"Carbon copy, pff." Oak snickered, glaring at Forth as they headed for their cars. "We had it covered."

"I know." Forth smirked. "But that was more fun."

It was, I could tell Forth hated all the interference the board was involved in recently. He originally started Harrow to help the Panitchayasawad Foundation, the vampires had secrets to keep and Harrow could help.