CH 47 - Families

Kong POV

Our feet bare make no sound, Arthit's hand in mine as we made our way down the stairs. The chimes rang in the night, the magic pulsing through every brick in the tower. My friends stood near the entrance as we stepped into the kitchen.

Magic twisted and swirled as it welcomed me, the wood warm beneath my feet as the magic array took shape. Four figures whispered old words and the array filled with power. Magic pulsed, three more appearing before us.

The silence was broken by the soft gasp, Arthit moving towards the man who should no longer be here. My eyes turned to the floor reading the array, my grandfather had been busy.

"Father..." Arthit's voice hitched, as his hand went through the man.

I saw the pain in Arthit's eyes, he wanted to, needed to touch. I turned my hand drawing power. I was still weak; it would not last long but hearing Arthit's pained breath, the moment was still precious as he hugged his father.

"You're still my favourite son."

"I'm...your...only son..." I saw Arthit's tears fall. "No... not the only one anymore. I have a little brother and..."

"Another father."

Rojnapat smiled to Master Som, who patted Arthit's shoulder. Both men watched Arthit with affection, no matter how it came to be, they were both his fathers.

My eyes turned to the man watching me, the man who was my father. The hand on my shoulder was firm and comforting as always, but the eyes were so light. Time, age and the days long gone, nothing was there. I hugged him, realising what he had done to be here.

"I'm sorry to cause you pain." I whispered. "I had a reason for what I did."

"You're smarter than me and braver than your mother." He replied. "You don't do anything without reason."

His words always so simple but they still carried the same power to set my heart at ease. My father's eyes filled with warmth as he patted my cheek moving away, handing me the letter. A jolt ran through me as the ink shimmered and bleed into me, it was filled with power. The old man put so many parts into play, tiny gears turning according to his plan. I look when the door bangs open, my mother storming though with P'Poppy.

"Are you hurt? Is Arthith okay? Did that pretty boy do anything to you? Don't worry, I managed to sneak an axe out of uncle's window. I dare that demon to come back!"

I can't help the smile as she inspects me, my eyes watering. I saw her a short time ago but at the same time, it had been so long. P'Poppy walks towards Arthit and Master Som, I see the moment she realises who the new person is.

"There are people outside, wanting to see some Prince." My mother tells me. "Oh...my... he looks so much like Arthit."

Arthit takes P'Poppy's hand, but his father already knows who she is.

"Where the hell have you been?" Mother snapped seeing my father. "I was nearly killed."

"You were what?" Father hurried to her. "Wh...?"

"Korn saved me, your useless." She glared. "Kongpob, I'm going to divorce your father!"

"Let's talk about this..."

I pull her close and hug her. They hid their powers, locked their memories and left the safety of the Mage World, to come to find me. They weren't the only ones, I look at the faces of my friends, who followed me to.