CH 16 - Debts

A/N: Hello everyone. I wanted to say thank you all for reading, voting and commenting. All your support is the reason I keep writing and sharing my stories <3

Something is wrong with Wattpad again, I can't answer any comments T.T, when I go into a chapter I can not even see them. Keeps saying 'Opps! something went wrong, please try later.' and the later isn't here after 43 mins >.<

On with the story, enjoy!

~~~

3rd Person POV

"What do you mean?" May tried to clarify her mother's words. "The wedding is going to be cancelled?"

"Your father..." Her mother takes her hand. "He's talking to her now, but your grandmother... she has downright refused to allow it."

May moved away from her flustered mother, walking briskly towards her father's home office where she can hear voices. She opens the door after a knock not waiting for her father to reply.

"I didn't say you could come in." Her grandmother snaps. "We are busy."

"I'm sorry." May replies. "I would like to know what's going on?"

"Didn't your mother tell you?"

"She did but it doesn't make any sense." She looks to her father, but he stays silent.

"I had a thorough check done on that boy." Her grandmother turns away. "His family background is not to our standard."

"You had a check done when I started dating Em, everything was fine." May asks. "What's so different now?"

"There are unmentionable relations in his background..."

"We have them too." May interrupts. "Most families do these days."

"Is this what you taught her all these years." Her grandmothers voice rises looking at her father. "I'm an elder, I need to give you no other reason."

May knew her grandmother was proud; she was the matriarch of the family and liked things done her way. This woman was her grandmother and she respected her but Em was someone she wasn't willing to lose.

"I need much more than that." May told the women boldly. "My wedding will not be cancelled."

The elderly women watched the girl leave, her son following her. May had too much freedom, that girl should have been brought to hand years ago, but it was never too late. Her hands shook as she remembered the sheet of paper appearing in smoke on her glass table.

You got your end, not its time to pay the piper.

She knew he would come, hopping she wouldn't have to pay the price. But she had also called in a favour, enjoying the privileges that the demon brought. Not only the original contract maker but the bloodline would also pay for what the ancestors had done. One way or another, the girl would do the same.

~~~~~~~~~~

Site Office near Heart Memorial.

Godt watched Bass as though it was the end of the world as his father, Lam, laughed joyfully at what his son had done. His son did love him! Bass oblivious to the earth shattering events around him laughs in Kongpob's arms as he throws him into the air and catches him again.

"He said Kong before he said Godt." Lam taunted. "He doesn't like you that much, that's my boy!"

"Bass..." Godt looked upset.