CH 40 - Interrupted

Kong POV

The early morning light came in through the large glass doors, a small click and the smell of fresh coffee filled the air. Followed shortly by the aroma of fresh-baked croissants, placed on the warmed serving dish, with warm jam in the holder.

I placed dishes on the table, in the curve of the kitchen near the large doors, it was a cosy breakfast nook for two. I left P'Arthit sleeping, wanting to have breakfast ready by the time he came downstairs.

I tried to behave, I really did, but then P'Arthit bit his lip. There was no sleep for the rest of the night. I hear no movement or footsteps but turn in time to see him walk in. It was the first morning we weren't interrupted, it was nice. He looks around, walking slowly to the chair I hold out for him.

"I made breakfast." I smile.

He looks at the coffee intently as I pour it.

"Don't look so scared." I chuckle. "I make respectable coffee."

"It's good." He says taking a sip. "I like it."

I break the warm croissants, putting jam on each piece. Arranging them on a small plate, I hand it over to P'Arthit. He takes it, smiling as he slowly eats a piece. It was a nice morning; I didn't want to ruin it but we needed to talk.

Many things kept interrupting; we never get a chance to discuss what we should. I pour myself a cup of coffee as I think how to broach the subject. I take his hand when he stands.

"You forgot the sugar."

I realise the small pot was not there. P'Arthit didn't add sugar to his, it was only me.

"You should just dip your finger in." I smile. "That will make it sweet."

"You say silly things."

"You like them."

"Oh?"

"You blush every time I do."

He touches his face, sitting down. His cheeks a beautiful shade of pink, his hand still in mine as his eyes look at anything but me. I move his hand closer, nipping his finger, letting a few drops fall into my cup.

Everything changes, the smell of coffee and his blood making my eyes haze. His lashes flutter, his eyes looking at me finally. I wanted to taste the crimson drops so badly, knowing what one drop on my lips would mean. I move his finger closer, never breaking eye contact.

"P'Arthit, do you want a plaster?"

"Godt." I jump seeing the young man peering through the large kitchen doors. "Why?"

The young vampire had been coming for 5 days straight, when he didn't knock on the door and wake us this morning, I thought he finally gave up. I was enjoying my morning with P'Arthit.

I see the smirk before P'Arthit hides it, he knew the brat was here! It made something bubble up inside, he was playing with me.

"I came to see about the alien, P." Nami was right, Godt was hanging around Beam too much. "I'm glad you haven't been abducted!"

Right, the shiny sparkly thing. I looked sadly at P'Arthit's finger, the blood was gone and it healed. I tried to drink my coffee but the cup was gone.

"It might not be an alien..." I say absently looking for my cup. "What if it's a ghost?"

"That's worse." Godt is horrified.