CH 30 - Earth

Arthit POV

"...your memories...?"

"It is more than memories that make you remember." His voice softens. "Mages believe in the circle of life; we store things into us."

"Who...?" I knew it was Kongpob, but the voice. It felt as though it was more.

"I'm his soul, waking once more."

"The past?"

"Still trapped in the demon's hand, P'Arthit."

"Then how...do you know me?"

"I don't need only memories to remember you. I engraved you, into my very being, into my soul."

I cover my mouth to stop the sound escaping, but I can't stop the tears.

"Did I cause these?" He asks, wiping away the tears.

Taking my hand away, his lips, so familiar and soft touch mine. Warm caresses that ended too quickly. 3, 4... Featherlight touches that make promises. 5, 6, 7...the taste of magic lingering even when he moves away. 8, 9, new kisses, mixing with ones I cherished before.

"Is that a challenge?" He smiles, I murmured out loud without realising. "I can kiss you much more, you will lose count..."

His smile disappears, eyes scrunching closed as he grits his teeth through the pain.

"Kongpob..."

"It triggered my powers when you turned me..."

"Is that bad?"

His head landing on my chest as he takes deep breaths. Soft green smoke tendrils making the air around as crackle as they escaped his body.

"Without the old knowledge, I won't be able to control them."

"But you are speaking to me, you know..."

"For a mage, his soul and being need to be in sync. It's a safeguard. I need my memories."

"The demon..."

"She has him, but She will let him go. When he returns you must get them back."

The fear set in again. I engraved you into my soul.

"P'...Arthit..."

"Don't hate me..."

He smiles to reassure me, even though he is in pain. "All this soul, all I, yearn for, is your love..."

"I do...I love you."

It took losing you to realise what you truly meant to me, more than my being. His eyes water.

"I've waited so long...lifetimes... to hear those words." A tear escapes. "I would have been content, even if you said them in jest."

"I say them with all my heart."

"Then let's trust in this love, my P'Arthit. Protect me, until I remember. All the lost time between us will finally end."

I turn my head when I hear, the melody of a song. It rises and falls; it is a bird's song.

"She is singing me to sleep." Kongpob chuckles. "Smart girl. Now how did she get a hold of that?"

He leans down, letting his body drape over me. His lips caress my neck, his arms holding me close.

"Let me sleep a little while, my powers escalated the change and the haze is done."

That quickly? 10 days? This was my first time hearing such a thing was possible.