CH 12 - Witch

3rd Person POV

Light rippled in the quiet caverns as the Soul Witch stood before the glowing sphere. Her face half-covered with the hood of her ancestral robe but her eyes shimmered, as her instructions were heard by the young hunter. The shard brought to her confirmed what she had seen in Kongpob's soul, it was time to talk.

Nami made her way to the office entrance, Em was waiting for her, Knot arrived a moment later. She, wanted her to bring them, there were matters to discuss. Nami made the arrangements immediately, Her tone had been...worrying. Arthit and Kongpob would not return soon, this was the best time.

"Tell me where to go, I will follow." Em asked.

"You cannot go there as you wish." Nami informed him. "You can only be invited."

Knot took hold of Em's arm, putting his other around Nami as he misted. They landed on the beach, making their way across the pebbles and through the open doorway that awaited them. The path lit, to show them the way.

A soft cold hung in the air as they entered, the stained-glass throwing light into the large cavern. A hooded figure stood before a pedestal; it took a moment before Em realised who it was. Placing his right hand over his heart he bowed.

"My Lady."

"Welcome Young Lord, Em." Her voice was gentle as she spoke. "I have been waiting for you."

Master Panitchayasawad arrives with Poppy, the Blood Prince joining them a moment later. Em looked around at those assembled, powerful beings, every one of them. Even Nami.

"Do you know what you are?"

"She is young, she was not told." The Soul Witch answers before Nami can. "The one granting her the power, only knew fragments."

"What am I?"

"A Path Witch. You found Kongpob." Em watched Nami nod. "Someone very powerful must have stayed behind, for you to have that level of ability."

"We want the same thing, for Arthit and his Beloved, Kongpob to survive." Master Panitchayasawad looked to Em. "I think it's time we worked together, to ensure we succeed."

"Let's start where it began." Her next words silence and shock the room. "Why is Kongpob's soul in a contract with a demon?"

Too many things were hidden from her about that boy, it was time she knew which powerful enemies or allies interfered with her guarding.

"He did not make it; they used his blood as a sacrifice." Em answered. "We arrived before the demon could take him."

It was a ruthless act but it was something demons salivated for. Em was Kongpob's cousin in that life, his name and face were different as were those of Tew, Wad and Oak. The scene still haunted him.

"Who did it?" Knot understood the ramifications.

"I do not know."

"This started 206 years ago?" Nami asked, remembering the words that filled her mind.

Knot remembered her saying that before and Arthit's surprise but it was wrong.

"206 years is not when he parted from Arthit." Em's words surprised them. "It was the last time he was born."

"What do you mean?" Nami asked.

"To break a soul, you must break its connection." The Soul Witch answered. "Remember this rule child, demons always come in pairs. It's their taunt, for not being allowed someone of their own."