Omniscient 34 ♤

Chapter 34- Dumb Sh't

Sam'Riyah drew back. She could see Jeremiah was on the edge.

"Answer me! You didn't care when you hung up on me, huh? Where is the respect you keep pushing then, huh?" Jeremiah snapped.

"You were pushing an argument that I didn't want to have with you, especially over the phone!" Sam snapped back.

"You think I'm someone to mess with, don't you? Mind yourself Sam." Jeremiah shook his head and slid into his side of the bed.

Sam fixed her face in confusion. She stood in the bed on her knees.

"What the f'k Miah? Ain't nobody messing with you!" Sam pulled back her anger and took a deep breath...

"Okay. Look. I'm not trying to fight you. I just want to talk. Can we do that Miah? Can you hear me out?"

"As I told you in the beginning,  I don't want to deal with you right now."

Sam closed her eyes for a second and took a next deep breath.

"Jeremiah. I promise you, I am this close to turning this into a whole war. Get yo' ass up and let us talk about this." She said in a stern tone.

"No. I dont even want to be around you right now, Sam. Don't tick me off more than you have already." Jeremiah said and got comfortable in his position.

Sam let out a little laugh and got out the bed. She flipped the lights on.

"You know what I don't like about yo' dumb ass? You're weak to yo' momma! From the moment I got here, I could see it and that's a whole ass problem Jer that's going to get you messed all the way up in this life!"

She shoved him in his position, forcing him to get up.

"Just cause you and my mom got problems-"

"That's why the f'k we got problems! Cause someone finally had the balls to call her out on her bullsh't and that ended up being me! She is a disrespectful controlling ass bitch!"

"Watch yo' f'kn mouth!"

"No! Yo' momma been on some sh't and you won't try hard enough to straight her out on it! You're a f'kn man! Act like it niqq'h! She flat out disrespects the woman, you so claim to love, your home and you, and you sat and watched it happen because that's yo momma, right? Oh."

"Don't say that sh't..."

"I am saying it! I'm tired of you bringing this same sh't to me like I'm the problem! I always have to apologize! Well, sorry for not being there for you tonight Miah! I'm sorry for hanging up on you, what else the f'k should I apologize for? Lemme know... I'll write you a f'kn letter!" Sam yelled in his face.

This time Jeremiah drew back. Sam was now on edge. They stared at each other with fierce looks. Tears welled up in Sam's eyes.

"It was the same cycle with Leah..." Sam trailed off.

Jer stood up, looking away.

"How Sam? How?"

"She was a pain to everyone. Your friends.  Your family. Me. You couldn't stand up for yourself and end it..."

"That's different. I love Leah. I knew who I fell in love with. I couldn't just drop her like that."

"Love? You still love her?"

"Sh't. No I don't. Don't think like that. I loved her. I love you. "

Tears fell from Sam's eyes.