Omniscient 8 ◇

Chapter 8- Gabriel the Angel

Sam's worries grew over the weeks. Three months had bedn winding down and her dad did not have the money. She did a week sale at her bakery and got some money. It still was not enough and she still was determined not to go into any of her accounts. This man did not deserve it but if it had to come down to it, she'll see.

Due to her worries, she didn't see Riley. She did not want the little girl to be around her when she held such a negative vibe. So, she texted Jeremiah and told him that Riley couldn't come see her until further notice. She did not see Jeremiah either, she really did not want to be caught up with him and his lover.

The stalker level skyrocketed and Sam was concerned for those around her. She did not want to put those she cared about in danger, especially knowing that she was an active target. Her concerns grew for Gabriel because he could not stay away from Sam if he tried.

Sam sat, currently in her room, crying. She barely cried and she hated the feeling. She hated the fact that her family was in danger and there was nothing she could do about it.

"Sam?" Gabriel called.

Sam wiped her face and got herself together.

"Yea?" she answered.

She cringed at her voice.

"Open the door,"

Sam got up and opened the door. She knew she must have looked horrible.

"Look Sam, this sh't got you crying. I'ma need you to tell me all that is going on right now and I mean every single thing," Gabriel demanded.

Sam sighed and told him everything.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?" Gabriel snapped.

"They told me not to drag you or anyone in it Gabe."

"So they expected without getting help from others, they will be able to leave this free. You guys are in deep danger!"

"Don't you think I f'kn know that Gabriel?!" Sam shot back.

Gabriel sighed.

"You know it's really nothing for me to help you guys out," Gabriel said.

"That's the thing, Gabe. My family don't want to be seen as vulnerable or dependent. It's who they are. Obviously this independent thing isn't working, " Sam said.

"How much more money do they need?" Gabriel asked.

She told him.

"Okay, you'll get it." Gabriel said.

Sam paused.

"Where are you going to get that Gabe?" Sam'Riyah asked.

"For someone who's my best friend, you do forget a lot of details about me. Remember I have parents who have been giving me money for no reason, money I don't use. Separate and apart from charity, my accounts are loaded and growing. I told you this but you don't be listening. I'll get you guys the money," Gabriel said.

Sam pulled Gabriel in a tight hug. The amount of love she had for this man was beyond her.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love you so much!" Sam said.

"I love you back." He kissed Sam'Riyah on her cheek.

"You really are the "bestest" friend I could ever have," Sam said.

"That's cause I'm your only best friend. The rest were phonies. If they ain't your best friend now, they weren't your best friend before," Gabriel said.