Omniscient 29 ♡

Chapter 29- Okay.

Jeremiah skipped the steps, three at a time.

"Riyah!" He called.

He heard her sobs. He went in the bathroom and saw her sitting in bloodied clothes. Sh't, no. He gathered her in his arms, soothing her.

What do I do?... He thought.

He himself was freaking out. He never expected this to happen. She was resting and eating healthy. She took her vitamins and pills. How?

"Riyah did you rest as I told you?" Jeremiah asked.

"Yes, you left and I went upstairs to sleep. I didn't do nothing and I woke up to blood. I freaked out Jeremiah. I-I- maybe Jonathan was right, I can't keep a baby. My body is so awful. I hate it. Please wake me up and tell me this is a dream..." Sam cried.

"I wish I could Riyah. Don't mention that son of a bitch right now. Come get you out these clothes and see the doctor, okay?" Jeremiah tried to comfort her as much as he could.

"Miah, I don't want to do this again. Please, I don't want to." Sam cried.

Jeremiah has never seen Sam so broken. She looked so vulnerable right now. She didn't even look like she was here.

"Sam'Riyah, we have to go and see what's wrong. Come on," He said, helping her up.

She was weak so she stumbled. He held her up. They got to her room and managed to get her in cleaner clothes. They left to the hospital. Everything was silent. Sam got void and Jeremiah was freaking out.

•••

"I'm sorry Miss Parker. I'm afraid your body wasn't ready enough to carry a baby. From what I see here, your body would not adjust and there was a constant battle so your body got rid of the competition. I'm sorry. We have to flush your system so nothing will be left to cause any complications. I'll get everything set up and call you in a few minutes," The doctor said then left the room.

Jeremiah looked down on Sam. She had silent tears running down her cheeks.

"Sam'Riyah, I want to tell you it's going to be okay but..." Jeremiah started.

"No, I'm okay. Maybe, this isn't just for me. My life doesn't entail my own kids. I see that now. I'm okay, Jer. Thank you for being with me though. I really appreciate it." Sam genuinely smiled.

Jeremiah sighed and pulled her in a deep passionate kiss.

"You don't have to thank me, I'm always here."

•••

Jeremiah watched with concern as the days passed. Sam went straight back into her normal routine. She worked, she visited Riley and spent the hours with her, she visited her family and she was all laughs, smiles and kisses. She seemed to be okay but was she really? He did notice that Sam got even closer to Riley treating her even more as if she was her daughter. Maybe that's how she was coping.

As for Sam and Jeremiah's relationship, they kept it on the low. They established there were feelings and the baby was a factor in the way. Now that factor is gone, they were free to do whatever. However, they wanted to see how far things could go without anyone intervening.

Sam stood in the kitchen making some snacks for Riley. Jeremiah trapped her to the island.

"Are you okay?" he asked, with genuine concern.

"You ask me this a million times a day and I keep telling you, yes I am," Sam said and spun around to face Jeremiah.

Jeremiah pouted.