Omniscient 35 ♤

Chapter 35- This Time.

It's been hard. Sam did not realize how much of an impact Jeremiah's presence had in her life. She was not running back this time though. She loved him but she wasn't weak. As the water cascaded down her chocolate skin and tears mixed in, she looked at the bruise that had overtime formed. She can't believe Jeremiah acted out like that. She couldn't stay there. It was always some conflict, nothing good lasted long there.

The push was Jeremiah saying he loves Leah. She was not insecure of his love for her but she would be lying if she said hearing Jeremiah say he loves another woman, didn't break something in her. The way it casually slipped off his tongue bothered her. She shook her head from the thought.

She was going to see her family today and Jeremiah had been invited by Mama K. Whether he would show up or not, she didn't know but she just told her family how much she loved this man, she was not about to bring up this feud. She would have to pretend. What a good time for her extended family to visit. She mentally laughed at the thought. She stepped out the shower and began to get ready. She wore a light maxi dress with flutter sleeves long enough to cover the bruise.

As she did her final touches, she weakly smiled at herself in the mirror. If it was one thing she loved about herself was that stress never showed on her. Her face was always light. She got her things and her phone lit up with a message.

Miah 💌: I didn't forget. I'll be there.

She was grateful for that at least. She wouldn't have to explain what is really happening between them. Tension would be thick between them but she hoped for sake he could play it off.

"Sammy, you look so beautiful!" Aunt Grace exclaimed upon seeing Sam.

"Hey Aunt Grace!" She genuinely smiled.

She loved her family.

She went around greeting and checking to make sure the baked goods had been delivered here. Every family gathering, since her bakery, her goods were always on display.

"Hi my baby... you're glowing." Mama K embraced her daughter.

"Am I?" Sam made a face. She didn't expect that. Was she?

"Where's Jer? I can't wait for him to meet some of the family!" she asked excited.

That's what she didn't want but her mom really loved this man as her own.

"He's on his way. He's been dealing with some stuff and since I didn't want to be late, I left him but mama, can we not introduce Jer to all these people yet, please?" She held Mama K's hand.

"Oh dear. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Our relationship is budding and settling. I just want us to breathe before everyone comes down on us, you know?"

A crazy thought came to Sam's head at that. Here Jeremiah was to meet her family as her lover but she had to hide behind so not to be in war with his. Anger settled within her but she masked it.

"I understand, just your close aunties who've been asking. Everyone else can just assume. You're sure everything is okay baby?" Her mom's palms caressed her face.

She smiled and a stray tear fell from her eyes.

"Baby, why are you crying? Talk to me..."