Omniscient 1 ◇

Chapter 1- The Beginning.

Sam ran down the street in attempt to capture Mani. She cursed under her breath as Mani swiftly bent a corner.

I'm never keeping this damn dog again. I'm not getting enough pay for this.

She bent the corner and saw Mani with a tall light skinned man. She took a moment to catch her breath and then approached the two.

"Hi, sorry. She just always gives herself trouble." Sam mustered on a smile, grabbing Mani's collar.

"It's okay. It's just how dogs are," The man's velvety voice spoke up.

She chuckled. She hated conversing with people.

"Well thank you for getting her to stop. I got to go." She gave a polite smile and turned to make her way back on the journey to her house.

Mani took her way off route and now she grieved seeing people that she knew. Her natural kinky hair was in a slack puff and her slim figure was in a baggy sweat pants and a jersey with old slides. She hardly cared what any one thought, she just did not want to converse.

"Hi what's your name?" The man asked again.

"I don't think that is of any use to you since we won't be seeing each other any time soon." She shrugged.

The man smiled showing his perfect set of white teeth then let out a chuckle.

"What if we do see each other some time soon? Come on, just tell me your name and I'll let you go."

Sam rolled her eyes, he was annoying her now.

"Sam'Riyah." She finally answered.

"Beautiful. Gabriel." He returned the favor.

"Okay. Bye now." She walked off with Mani quickly.

Her mission was to head home and forget her bad day. She definitely was giving up Mani.

That was a year ago.

Gabriel walked in with Sam's grocery bags.

"You got everything?" Sam jumped up running over to him by the door.

He was struggling with the bags and the door. Sam stood there waiting on him to finish his struggle. Gabriel look around and gave her a pointed look.

"No Sam. I am not struggling at all with your grocery bags and your damn door!" Gabriel snapped.

Sam ran over and helped him, rolling her eyes.

"Calm down lil' Mexican," Sam said.

"You think I am yo damn slave ain't it?" Gabriel asked.

"So?" Sam looked at him pointedly.

"Wow." Gabriel shook his head.

"Gabriel where's my spicy chips?" Sam whined.

"It's either still at the factory or in the delivery truck but I know for damn sure it ain't at the store." Gabriel was in his phone.

"Stop texting yo hoes! Whatchu' mean it wasn't at the store?!" Sam snapped.

"Uh, what I just said." Gabriel gave her a funny look.