Omniscient 4 ◇

Chapter 4- Barbecue II

Sam now sat, with her legs crossed under her, eating a plate of food. She was enjoying it with a slice of her own cake.

Nick and Juhaun, Jeremiah's brothers, and Caleb and Chalil, the twins and cousins came over to her. She could pick up that Nick & Juhaun were close to Jeremiah because of the heavy resemblance they had with him. The only difference was their skin tones, eyes and hair.

"Hey baby." Nick stood over her.

He was a lighter shade of brown with gray eyes. He also sported a low cut with waves, instead of the curls. He was very handsome in his prime. Being in his prime, he was shorter than the average family male.

Sam scrunched her eyebrows up and laughed.

"Boy if you don't get out of my face! You're like half the size of me!" Sam said, laughing in between.

Nick frowned, stepping back. Juhaun stepped up.

He and Jeremiah couldn't deny they were brothers. Juhaun had hazel brown eyes instead of honey brown like Jeremiah. He was on the skinnier side but definitely had the same height. His features stood identical to his brother's without the beard.

"Hey, I got something that is half the size of you," Juhaun gave her a perverted smirk.

"You mean your lil tea spout?"

The boys laughed. Juhaun soon joined in laughter and then they all got chairs and sat around her.

"What's yo' name?" Nick asked.

"Sam'Riyah but call me Sam," Sam replied, " How 'bout you guys?"

"I'm Juhaun, this is brother, Nicholas, but call him Nick and these two are our cousins, the twins, Caleb and Chalil." Juhaun introduced.

"Oh nice to meet y'all," Sam said, digging back into her food.

"So where you come from Sam?" Nick asked, "What brings you to this humble abode on this beautiful evening?"

"I filled some orders for your mom and Riley wanted me to be here so here I am," Sam replied.

"Orders?" Juhaun asked.

"Oh desserts & pastries. I own a bakery not too far from here," Sam replied.

"Your bakery made all that?!" Nick asked.

"Yes, we don't sit down all day you know?"

"You own the best bakery in town?" Juhaun asked in disbelief.

"Yes sir!" She smiled, proud of her accomplishments.

" 'Em shits good!" Nick exclaimed and the others agreed.

Sam chuckled and thanked them. She sat and had a convo with them. It was interesting. She found out a bit about them in the time.

Juhaun was eighteen, a senior, graduating this year and he was a football player.

Nick was sixteen and played basketball. The twins followed Nick but they would be turning seventeen in a couple of weeks.

Jeremiah walked over with a half finished danish in his hand

"They aren't provoking you are they?" he asked.

"No not at all." Sam shook her head with a smile.

"Exactly! Get you punk head ass out of here!" Nick exclaimed.

"Shut up boy with yo' handicapped Shrek looking ass!" Jeremiah sat down laughing.

The song "Let's Get It On" started playing and Sam was singing out her heart. She loved the song.