♧ Epilogue III ♧

"You're really big Sam." Juhaun voiced, helping Sam off the ground.

Sam rolled her eyes and snatched her hand away from him as soon as she didn't need his help.

"It's y'all big ass genes this baby has."

Juhaun laughed.

"I can't wait for my nephew to pop out. You hear that lil' man." He crouched to the level of her belly, gently shaking it.

"Ow! Stop, the baby's kicking too hard for you." She moved away, "How do you know it's a boy?"

"I just know." He shrugged.

"I'm hungry and we have to go to the hospital for Ma, so come on."

Juhaun got a break off from school and the original plan was to use the time and spend with Sam, since they haven't been spending much quality time together since he found out she was pregnant and be there for the arrival of the baby. However, Janet fell extremely ill and had to be admitted to the hospital.

Everyone was worried but it was playing on Jeremiah the most. He didn't cope well with sickness or death. When everyone had an understanding and acceptance of the reality, he was holding on to what may be. It was a good stance to have but Janet was ready to rest. Janet didn't want a miracle, she wanted to go peacefully, let it be well with her soul.

"She's staying here too right?" Juhuan asked.

"Yea, Miah wants to keep an eye on her this weekend while Nick and Aria fix up the house space to make it more comfortable for her." Sam replied.

"Ah, that's good."

Sam touched his shoulder, stopping him in his tracks.

"Are you okay J? You know you can talk to me."

"I know that Sam. I'm okay, really. I've come to peace with everything a long time ago and though it may hurt if we really lose her, I know that she would be better off and that we'll be fine. I'm just grateful to how far she has come." He let out.

Sam could feel the tears.

"That's nice J." Her voice broke, "I'm sorry, I swear all I know is crying since I've been pregnant."

Juhuan laughed.

"I thought Jer was joking when he said it but he was not exaggerating enough."

"Shut up, let's go."

•~~•

"Jeremiah got me cooped up in this bed since yesterday. I'm glad he's gone out so I can breathe." Janet said as she stood up, after oiling Sam's scalp.

"Ma, you know he's just worried about you," Sam smiled at her.

"He should be worrying about you and that big belly, you're carrying. Why is your belly looking bigger Sam?" Janet rubbed on her tummy, earning couple kicks.

"I think the baby is stretching out. It's almost time to pop out of me."

"That's right. Come sit here with me baby." Janet sat on the bed bench and pat the space next to her.

"Okay, have you decided a name for baby?"

"We had a few but we haven't set them in stone yet."

"Could I have the honour of having a hand in naming the baby? I just don't know if I would even live to see you give birth but I'm sure I won't grow with this baby and..." Janet's voice cracked.

"Aw, ma... you're going to make me cry." Sam let out.

"I just want to be with baby in some way. I don't care if it's the first name or middle. I have a suggestion, would you like to hear it?" Janet smiled through her tears.