Omniscient 7 ◇

Chapter 7- Muffins.

"How do you make those muffins Sam?" Jeremiah asked.

"Oooooohh, he calls me a nickname! You really love those muffins," Sam said.

It was Sunday. Sam did not have anything to do today so when Riley wanted a play date, she said yes. They all met at Jeremiah's house, where thankfully he was alone because Leah went to yoga.

"Come on, give me the recipe or something." Jeremiah pleaded.

"If I show you, you won't need me to do it for you anymore," Sam said.

Jeremiah rolled his eyes.

"I'm done colouring and I want food." Riley looked at Jeremiah.

"Yes we want food," Sam looked on too.

Jeremiah raised his eyebrow.

"What do you want Riles?" he asked.

"Anything you are making for dinner," Riley replied.

"Well we got to go grocery shopping for today's dinner since the only thing in those cupboards are greens and tasteless food," Jeremiah said.

Riley and Sam got up. Riley put away her books and went to use the bathroom before she left.

While Sam and Jeremiah were putting on their shoes, Jeremiah decided to ask the question he was longing to ask for a while now.

"Why do you love that little girl so much? Why does she love you so much?" he asked.

Sam gave him a look.

"I don't know I guess we just clicked. She is a great, sweet little girl and I don't know... I just gravitated towards her. It's like having my own little daughter plus she has me playing this game that never ends where I am her pretend mommy," Sam replied.

Jeremiah froze.

"Oh. Did she mention anything about her mother?" he asked.

Sam promised Riley she would not tell anyone her feelings about her Mom and Dad. A small promise was so big to Riley and Sam did not plan to break it.

"No. She is aware that she doesn't know her though, that's all."

"Her dad?" Jeremiah asked.

"Same thing. Do you know anything about them?" Sam shot back.

"Um-"

"Ready!" Riley exclaimed, jumping in Jeremiah's arms.

"Okay Riles, let's go." They left the house.

Jeremiah drove with Sam shotgun and Riley in the back. The supermarket was quite the distance away from the house but with the empty roads, since it's Sunday, the drive would go by quicker.

Sam was still hanging on to the short conversation she and Jeremiah had back at the house. He seemed to have known something but she was not going to push him. She still was new to his life and he the same to hers, so pushing him on such a deep private matter was not the right thing to do. When time allows, she will find out. Sooner or later.

They made it to the supermarket. Riley sat on Jeremiah's shoulders as they walked in the supermarket. Sam kept her good distance from Jeremiah, like she always did. He was engaged and she didn't want people getting the wrong idea. Who knows where Leah's minions were located?

Riley sat in the trolley. She was so tiny that she still fit perfectly in the little space.

What was Jeremiah cooking? They had no idea. Sam and Riley just watched as he threw the items in the trolley.