Omniscient 17 ♡

Chapter 17- Secrets.

Things were awkward between Jeremiah and Sam'Riyah. It didn't help that they both were getting flashbacks from the night and it was wild. Neither of them knew what to say or feel.

"What's going on with you and Sam?" Juhaun asked.

"What do you mean?" Jeremiah asked, acting clueless.

"It's awkward between you guys. She's not being mean to you and you're not annoying her. What did you guys do? What did you do to her?" Juhaun asked, getting protective of Sam.

"Man, ain't nothing happened. We're both just tired plus that massage she got must've released some tense mean muscles," Jeremiah said.

"Ohh it was the massage alright... Once again, what did you guys do?" Juhaun asked.

"I massaged, we ate, we drank and laughed. We really got closer that night..."

Juhaun gave him an incredulous look.

"Mhm. If you say so, Mr. Jeremiah."

Jeremiah rolled his eyes. He had to talk to Sam about this. He planned to go over her house so they could talk but first he had to meet with Leah. Now his problem was being with Leah, knowing he slept with the woman she didn't like and already had suspicions about.

He got ready and went to meet Leah at a local coffee spot.

"Hey," Leah greeted.

"Hi, what's up?" he asked, sitting down.

"Not much. Just missing you," Leah held his hand.

Images of Sam flashed through his mind. He pulled back his hand from Leah. That hurt her, her facial expression said it all.

"I'm sorry. Um..."

"Are you okay Jeremiah?"

"Yes, just been really... stressed," Jeremiah replied.

"You need to relax. Look, how about tonight we go out and just enjoy the night together?" Leah suggested.

Jeremiah thought about it. He did need to get his mind off the situation with Sam so why not?

"OK."

Sam'Riyah has been busy with the bakery. Great orders have been coming in for weddings, birthdays, baby showers, you name it. She's grateful for the sales as it has been a big income for her business plus the load of work kept her mind off the situation with Jeremiah. It was just drunk sex, she kept telling herself but it just couldn't stop bothering her. It is also the fact that she cheated. She is in a relationship with Gabriel.

"Ebony and Amoy! Please ice these cupcakes!" Sam exclaimed.

Ebony and Amoy got to the job and Sam smiled. She had great employees. They weren't a lot, a mere four people plus herself and two males, her delivery people. One took orders, one served customers and the other two helped Sam in the back.

Sam had considered a next job as she did go to college and got a degree in Psychology but it would take up time and she wanted to invest in her bakery so she did the next best thing and opened a store. Many didn't know Sam'Riyah was the sole proprietor of Riyah's Couture. It catered to women's needs (Clothes, shoes, jewelry etc.). It also provided great income for her. It's best known for being an online store as that's where it started until she decided to give in a location in the main town. She went to check in often and she keeps track.

Sam checked the time. She was supposed to have lunch with Gabriel. As if on cue, her phone started to ring. She answered and it was Gabriel telling he was waiting for her at the restaurant. She left Ebony and Amoy with cupcakes and went to lunch.