Omniscient 13 ◇

Chapter 13- Try, Pain.

Sam and Gabriel closed up the bakery and now were on their way to Gabriel's house. Sam hummed to the radio and Gabriel just smiled. He had planned to tell Sam about his feelings towards her. He didn't feel right to keep it from her and he didn't want to be in a position where she was in a relationship with someone else and he would lose all chances with her. He knew his confession would scar their relationship for a while, if she didn't feel the same way, but he was willing to take it.

They pulled up to his house.

"Are you staying over?" he asked.

"Yep," Sam answered.

He nodded and so decided to park his car in the garage since he had no reason to come back out the house tonight. As soon as the car was parked, Sam got out and went inside the house. He followed behind her.

"Ayyee!" He heard Marlene, his helper (more like family), greet Sam.

Marlene was his mainly chef but she helped with his laundry and cleaning. She lived there basically. She came from Jamaica, seeking and one of his business partners, who was also Jamaican, recommended her to him. She has been with him ever since.

"Hi Mar!" Sam hugged her.

"Long time no see! You've been busy, I heard." Sam and Marlene trailed off, most likely to eat and chat.

Sniper, Gabriel's dog, came out. He was a big mixed breed dog.

"Hey Snipe!" He rubbed his back.

Sniper playfully bit Gabriel's jeans. Gabriel chuckled.

"I'll mess with you later, Snipe. I'm tired," He said and lightly kicked away Sniper.

He went up to his room and got ready for a shower. He took a cold shower and came out. He put on plaid pajama bottoms and laid in the bed. His eyes were about to close when Sam came in. She was showered and changed. She took a shower in her room. Since the two would switch up where one would spend the night, Gabriel had a room at Sam's and Sam at his but it was pointless as they grew closer, they just slept in the same bed after their long late night conversations.

"Well someone is tired," Sam settled in beside him.

Gabriel put his foot over her and she slapped it off.

"It's too hot to be on me!" She snapped.

"Turn on the A/C," Gabriel groaned.

Sam rolled her eyes and turned on the air conditioner. Gabriel got silent. She looked and saw he wasn't sleeping.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

He got closer to her. Sam raised her brow. Gabriel's eyes shifted to her lips.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I like you, maybe even love you and I know this is a lot to take in seeing as we're best friends and all but... I don't know what to say." Gabriel groaned, rolling onto his back and covered his face with his arms.

Sam chuckled.

"When did you start feeling this way Gabe?" she asked.

"For a long while but I didn't want to pressure you or anything. I held it in and I just couldn't keep it in anymore," He said.

"I'm not gonna lead you on and let you think we're on the same page because we aren't. I have thought about it for a while but I realized we are opposites. Our lifestyles are different," Sam said.