Omniscient 12 ◇

Chapter 12- Limp.

Juhaun had been released and for the past three days, all he had to do was sleep. Sam, Nick and the twins would come to spend time with him but it was short lived as Sam had work and the boys had practice for basketball. He, now, was here by himself with absolutely nothing to do. This walking thing had him on edge. He was constantly angry because he felt dependent. He wanted to help not be helped.

With this mindset, he got up out of bed, ignoring the pain and using the side table as his stand firm. He held on to the walls and slowly moved along. He wanted a snack and he did not like the idea of calling someone to get it for him. He moved along the hallway and came to the stairs.

He put one foot down but a sharp pain went through his body. He grunted and slid down to sit on the steps. The pain crippled him and he awaited for it to subside to continue his journey. He tried to keep his cries to himself. Soon enough, it subsided and he got back up on the mission. He slowly made his way down the stairs until he reached the bottom. He smiled to himself. Now, it was to get to the kitchen but Jeremiah's voice halted his movements.

"Great. Seems I can start my exercises with you," Jeremiah said.

Juhaun rolled his eyes.

"I just needed a snack," He said.

"Hold up, Mr. Grumpy. You could've called," Jeremiah told him.

He let out a harsh breath.

"That's the point, I didn't want to call now will you leave me so I can struggle to the kitchen in peace?" Juhaun gave him a pointed look.

Jeremiah backed off and Juhaun slowly limped to the kitchen. He got his snack from the pantry and sat around the island.

"You are something else, you know that kid?"

"I don't care. I just want to be able to walk properly," Juhaun said.

"Kid, you are going to be able to walk, just not for some time. During this time, you just have to be dependent and stop going around like a damn macho man. Plus, fix your attitude. People are trying to help you and you show no signs of gratitude. You may feel you don't need the help but you do." Jeremiah scolded.

Juhaun raised a brow.

"Who came and cried to you?" He snorted.

"Everyone including Sam," Jeremiah replied and that got Juhaun to soften up.

"What did she say?"

"Look, she understands but she isn't up for the attitude. She hates to see you in this state and the most she could do is help seeing that you did protect her from being in the position you are now but you don't want her help and she hates that attitude," Jeremiah said.

Juhaun sighed.

"Why didn't she say she was affected?" he asked.

"Um, like everyone else, they don't want you to blow up on them with that attitude. I haven't been here to witness for myself and trust me if I had, you would've been limping round this whole damn house fifty times over, until you get back on your feet since you want to be so independent," Jeremiah replied.

Juhaun rolled his eyes.

"When do these exercises start man?" he asked.

"I was giving you a week to rest so most of the pain could go but seeing as how you handled it a while ago, they can start tomorrow but for today, keep limping, hope you can make it up these stairs." Jeremiah walked away at the constant ringing of the doorbell.