Omniscient 37 ♤

Chapter 37- Mend

"At me actually being in the hospital and you really did not show up..." Jeremiah stood at her bakery door as she locked up.

"I did. I had to leave but I found out you were good. I see that wasn't a lie..." Sam rolled her eyes.

"Can we talk now, please? The least you could do, I could've died..."

"Well, you didn't and you are not getting away with that card." She looked up at him finally.

He had a few bandages, that made Sam wince.

"Why are you acting so cold?" Jeremiah was genuinely confused.

"Shouldn't you be resting?"

"Sam..."

"Jeremiah, can I continue to breathe without you? I'm trying to live outside of your chaotic life and you're in everything still!" Sam snapped.

"What the f- Sam?! What the hell is wrong with you? I'm trying here! I just want to talk to you, I can't do that now?!" Jeremiah snapped back.

"Talk and what? You saying what you think I want to hear and we go back in our fantasy before a next problem?! No thank you. I'll pass. You have got to come better than that..." Sam turned away.

"Sam tell me what I need to do."

Sam scoffed.

"I'm so angry at you Jeremiah. Let me stop being angry first before you come with more sh't in my ears. Goodnight."

Jeremiah allowed her to walk away. He did not need a next argument. She was so stubborn.

Sam got home to see Janet at her door. She had a mind to drive back out.

"It's way too late for your bullsh't Janet. What are you doing here? Did you and your son set me up?"

"For one, no. I didn't even know Jeremiah got out to see you today. I have been waiting on you since evening. I was just about to leave then I saw you," Janet explained.

"Your son already got me in a worse mood than I was today so if you're coming with anything, make it good." Sam opened her door and invited Janet in.

"I don't know where to start..." Janet trailed off.

"Hold that thought. I'm going to shower and change. Are you hungry or thirsty?" Sam intervened.

"A little water would do, um... thanks." Janet watched as she moved to the kitchen.

She saw Sam was not at her best and her mending mission may fail tonight. Sam brought back the glass of water and disappeared. Janet had to sit and evaluate the whole situation. She saw where her place was wrong and hoped what she came to say would be the start of making things right. Not so much for herself but her son. She didn't want to be the one thing that came as a block to her son being genuinely happy with someone. 

Little later, Sam was refreshed and came down to Janet. She was confused as to why Janet was acting timid. Everyone knew she was anything but.

They both sat on the couch.

"So Sam, I know we dont have a great relationship, far from it. I came here to first say I am sorry. I was just angry that someone who just came about was playing down on what I thought was right at the time. I stand by my decisions firmly and I cannot handle being heard I was wrong for what I think is right. Call me stubborn." Janet let out a small laugh,

"I gradually got to dislike you because I felt as though, you were acting as if you were perfect. You walked in as if this family is your own. My sons can't go a day without mentioning your name. My granddaughter preferred spending time with you, instead of me and I was still salty from the whole situation.

I also thought that you were the break in Jeremiah's relationship. He was going to get married and start his own family. I was excited. I thought things could be fixed with Leah. I really did, but Jeremiah had these hidden feelings for you and you were already not a fan of her, I thought you were the one in his head."

"Okay, before you continue, I'm not sorry for calling you out on where you went wrong, both you and Jeremiah. Everything was for the better. I did not intend to build such a strong bond with anyone. I did not mean for you to feel left out. I could care less for Jeremiah's relationship, I even left him alone so Leah could be happy. I wanted everyone to be happy, even you. So, for you to just attack me daily, and I had no idea of any reason for the constant nagging, made me miserable." Sam let out.

Janet sulked.

"Everything was really immature on my part. I never wanted Jeremiah to fall in love with you, but he did and as much as that hurt me, there was no denying it, as much as he tried to hide it. I'm over it now though. I don't know if you know, but my living chances have gotten lower and when they say, death brings perspective, it wasnt a lie. I saw everything and I am so ashamed of myself for everything."

Janet took Sam's hands in hers.

"You're really a beautiful young lady, I saw that from the first time I met you. It is a blessing for anyone to be graced with you in their life. You're such a light and I'm so sorry I tried to dim that. I'll try my best to make it better. I'll try not to be as overbearing as I used to be."

Sam let out a genuine smile. This was the it. The talk she needed. She loved that this petty feud was cleared.

"Thank you. You're not an awful person, just... crazy." Sam laughed and so did Janet, "... but can I ask something of you in the interest of your children?"

Janet sighed then nodded.

"Let them breathe. Let them live. You cannot constantly decide what is right for them. You may be right but let them live, so they can say I have learnt or they actually end up with something good. Juhaun & Nick would feel very much closer to you if you hadn't been so hard on them. Jeremiah would be more open to having a conversation with you, without feeling it's too much." Sam advised.

Janet smiled.

"I know. I'll try. It's the least I can give them now. Am I the reason why you guys are at odds now?"

"Yes. It all started with you, but I just feel as though Jeremiah's life is so much compared to what I'm used to. I just broke that night. I dont want to argue with him anymore so I'm avoiding him right now." Sam expressed.

"How do you feel being away from him? Do you feel more at peace?" Janet asked.

"Everything has gone back to the normal that I'm used to. No unnecessary arguments or petty feuds. Not hiding for the sake of avoiding conflicts. However, at peace? No, because I want Jeremiah. It just doesnt feel really right without him right now." Sam replied, honestly.

"I'm sorry. I'll talk to Jeremiah. I hope you'll allow him back soon. He's hiding it but he's a wreck without you. I dont like seeing my son like that really so I'll help to fix it."

Sam smiled and Janet smiled back.

___
VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.
~KemrezM 💋