♧ Epilogue II ♧

Sanoi held his sister's hair as she threw up. Her symptoms heightened this week and she has been with him most of the time.

"Are you finished?" he asked, rubbing her back.

"Yes, thanks." She stood up and flushed the toilet.

Sanoi watched as she cleaned up and let out a heavy sigh.

"How long are you going to keep this up?"

"I'm going to tell him tonight. He's getting worried and soon enough he'll notice the changes in me, if he hasn't already." she answered.

"You have kept this up way too long. You know he's going to be angry right?" Sanoi voiced.

"Yea... I feel like I'm being spited. I feel like after I tell him, everything is going to go left." Sam started to the living room.

"Can you please have an optimistic viewpoint here? You've been looking at this all wrong the entire time and forcing yourself to reject this. You're going to regret it, I'm telling you." Sanoi snapped and grabbed her to a stop.

She snatched back her hand.

"What is your problem?! Why do you want me to go through all that hurt again? I cannot manage the pain San! It hurts losing a child and I went through that twice! Both times I'm told my body rejected it or gave up, why the hell should I continue to accept that?!" She snapped back.

"I get that but if you don't like it, stop f'king. I said it before, you laid in the bed and now you have to spread it! I don't get how you do something and know the consequences but yet still act as if you had no part to play in it and don't want to own up to it!" Sanoi was heated and Sam was breaking down.

"You and Jeremiah f'ked and made this damn baby. You made this baby and now you want to act like it's not there. I get you're hurting and I get you're scared but why not work through it, instead of trying to cover it up? You pretending it's not there makes it no better when it's actually gone. You'll feel the same pain and hurt if not more..."

"Don't worry about me Sanoi." Sam cried.

"You know damn well I am going to worry about you especially when you're here with me half the time. Look, I'm not trying to be hard on you. I'm just trying to help you. Why don't you just go through this and accept whatever comes? It's better to deal through it and stop avoiding. Avoiding helps no case," Sanoi said and brought his sister in an embrace.

Sam was sobbing heavy. The emotions overwhelmed her once again.

"I'm sorry. It just hurts too much and I don't know how to deal with it. I feel so trapped. I want my baby so bad but what if? I can't." She cried.

"Ssh. You're not alone in this. You won't have to deal with it alone if you allow us to help you. You know Jeremiah will not leave you alone and you have a great support system behind you. You'll be fine and you'll grow stronger from this. Remember we always said, the harder the battle, the stronger we leave. Accept this and give this a chance, give everything a chance. You may be missing out on a blessing if you don't."

•••

   Sam entered the house and hoped that Jeremiah was sleeping. She was tired from that breakdown earlier and God knows she needed rest for the big blowup tomorrow.

She went upstairs hearing silence. She decided to check on Riley. She was up.

"Hey babygirl, didn't expect you to be up."

"I was talking to Grandma and remember it's a weekend." Riley hugged Sam.

"True but I know you're tired. I heard of your adventures today." She looked at Riley pointedly as she yawned.