Omniscient 5 ◇

Chapter 5- Jace's Dealings.

"Are you okay?" Gabriel asked Sam.

"Yea, just a bit shook. I don't know what's been happening lately," Sam replied.

"It's tempting to tie you in the house right now," Gabriel said.

Sam smiled.

"I'm tempted not to come out again but I have things to do. I do not know what anyone would want from me. I feel like I need to go see my mama," Sam said.

"Mama K. Yes you need to. Want to go now?" Gabriel asked.

Sam nodded and got up. It was late but it's never to late to go to Mama K's house.

In a little over fifteen minutes, they arrived. Sam knocked since she did not know what Mama K and her dad had going on. Old but never cold, Mama K would say.

Mama K opened the door and squealed. She was always excited to see Sam'Riyah (no matter if she saw her a day ago, it was always refreshing for her).

"Hey mama." Sam melted in her embrace.

"How are you my baby? What's wrong? I know something is wrong." She looked at Sam with scrutinizing eyes.

"Can we go inside and settle first?"

Her mom nodded and they went in the living room to sit.

"Hey Gabe baby. How are you?"

"I'm good Mama K."

Sam's dad, Jace, walked in. He smiled when he saw his daughter.

"My pineapple!"

Sam rolled her eyes. Her dad called her a different fruit everyday.

"The grape took a huge turn. Hey Dad." She embraced him.

"Gabe boy!" Gabe and Jace greeted each other.

"Jace, something's worrying our daughter," Mama K voiced.

Jace got defensive.

"What's wrong?"

"Things just have been really weird. I got a really weird visit from a woman. She came an hour after the bakery was closed and asked me questions about if I am the owner and such. I got away from her then I went to a barbecue and when I was coming back someone was following me, I pulled up at a police station and they turned back," Sam explained.

Mama K gave Jace a look. He sighed.

"You said they weren't gonna' drag our children into this!" Mama K exclaimed.

Sam gave them a look. Her curiosity peaked.

"Drag into what?" she asked.

Mama K gave Gabriel a look. He took that as a cue and left the room.

"Look, I think this is the doing of some men that I had dealt with some time ago. They want money and they want it very soon. The thing is I don't have money laying around like that to pay in three months," Jace explained.

"What sort of dealings and how much money are we talking about?" Sam asked.

"I may have or may not have taken a job on myself to burn a trap house to pay for your mother's surgery," Jace replied.

"No, why? This is beyond me but why don't they go after the man who hired you?"

"The police caught on to him and his men and took all they had, so he's broke. The others are MIA or dead. Someone snitched me that I burnt the house and it's bad. I can't bring the police into this, else you guys are in danger and our family. I don't want any blood shed. Even if he gets caught, he will make sure I suffer until he gets his money," Jace said.