♧ Epilogue I ♧

There is no way that I am going to tell Miah about this. Sam mentally whispered to herself.

She looked at the pregnancy tests and tears fell from her eyes. She did not want this. She could not handle a next disappointment, knowing she was going to lose it again. She muffled her cries because Jeremiah was still asleep in the room.

Sam was sick the past few days. She was on birth control so she did not know what sick game she was in right now. She decided to take a pregnancy test because she was no stranger to these symptoms. Lo and behold, four pregnancy tests showing up positive.

"Riyah, why is the door closed? Are you okay in there?" Jeremiah fiddled with the door knob, clear concern laced in his voice.

She gathered herself and looked at herself in the mirror. He was going to pick up, she had been crying. Cleaning up evidence of the tests and calculating her excuse in her head, she turned the knob and allowed Jeremiah to see her.

"Hey, yea I'm okay..." She trailed off.

"Are you sure? You have been crying, what's wrong? Tell me." He sweetly demanded, while cupping her face in his large palms.

Sam almost broke down right then and there.

"No, no. I woke up not feeling good and so I went to the bathroom to get myself together. I locked the door so Riley wouldn't walk in on me like that whenever she decides to stroll in the room." She half lied.

Jeremiah studied her face and he knew there was something being hid. They have been together for too long and know each other too much for a lie to slip past him. He, however, decided to let it go. She will tell soon enough, she never kept things in too long.

"Okay babe..." He placed a kiss on her forehead and went to use the bathroom.

Sam laid in bed and decided to get herself a doctor's appointment to see how far along she was. She needed to know how long she had to prepare for the inevitable. She sighed and closed her eyes. She couldn't stay awake for her thoughts to consume her.

Jeremiah and Sam'Riyah had made it to almost two years as a couple. It had been going well and from the last incident, they had started over on a clean slate. They still had their disagreements and areas that needed a bit brushing up on but they were good for the most part.

Riley is seven years old and getting more of a handful as the days go but still the sweet angel. Juhaun was in college pursuing Sport Medicine and Nick was on his way out of high school. Janet was still focused on herself and her health. They had a scare recently and it really had everyone on high alert. As for her and Sam's relationship, it was good, too good in fact. They were closer than ever.

Jeremiah loved where they were now and he wanted to get on his knees one more time and for real this time. This time he will be seeing his woman make it down the aisle. He was really excited for these milestones in their relationship. He looked forward to making Sam his wife, the mother of his kids and continue to build in all aspects of life with her right by his side, his partner.

Sam'Riyah was happy too and she loved where everything was until this moment.

The morning came around and she got up on a mission. It was a Saturday so she knew everyone would sleep in. She, on the other hand, was going to run over to her brother's house. She was going to burst if she didn't talk to him.

She could go to Andrienne because her bestfriend moved closer to her, thanks to her recent job transfer. It was the best thing but right now, she didn't need Andrienne's righteous answer. Plus, Andrienne didn't know the full story. She needed all the options to make her own answer and Sanoi was the man for the job.