Omniscient 11 ◇

Chapter 11- Spine.

Images flashed across Sam's mind. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was shaking despite Nick's attempt to calm her down. Jeremiah and Janet came, they were called after Juhaun was brought in the hospital. Sam was beyond nervous, she could not lose that boy. He was slowly but surely becoming a little brother to her and had grown on her. She could not imagine not having him around. Hands came down on Sam's knees. She looked down into light brown orbs, belonging to a Jeremiah, who was stooped to her seated level. He looked at her with a reassuring smile.

"Yo, you have got to stop shaking. I know you're worried but he's gonna' be okay so calm down." Jeremiah assured her.

"How are you so sure?" she asked.

"I just know okay? He has always been the fighter. I don't think he's going down so easily," Jeremiah replied.

Sam sighed and put her hair in a messy bun on the top of her head. Her shaking stopped and her worries decreased. Jeremiah had managed to calm her down which was not an easy task for anyone dealing with Sam'Riyah.

Time passed and finally the doctor came out. He was a family friend.

"So he's for the most part okay," Breaths of relief passed, " but here's the thing, he is gonna need your help Jeremiah. He received two shots, one shot did flesh damage and the other was in hip. It wasn't a full on penetration, that would be a new problem but, he may be experiencing pain and a difficulty to walk because of the intense pain.

I suggest he rests for a couple days and then Jeremiah, you may start some exercises with him so he may get back to his feet and please do ensure he takes his pain medication. He may be discharged earlier than expected but for now he wants to see Sam, Nick and the twins."

Jeremiah gave an encouraging smile to Sam whilst Janet gave her a look. Ever since she confronted Jeremiah on the whole issue of being Riley's father and put down Janet for the stupid decision she had Jeremiah make, Janet had not been too fond of her. Sam frankly did not care. People will always be offended even if they are in the wrong. They can't accept that they are wrong.

Sam and the boys went in. Juhaun smiled upon seeing them.

"Thank God you guys are okay," He said.

Sam smiled. He had been worried about them even in his crisis. He was such a remarkable boy.

" I'm glad you are okay, stupid." Nick lightly pushed his shoulders.

"Yes we were worried especially Sam over here, she was shaking so bad. I was scared for a minute," Caleb said.

"Yo, now that I know you are okay, I can go home and get out these bloody clothes. See ya' tomorrow bro and don't scare us like that again," Nick said.

"You're acting like I had control over the situation," Jeremiah laughed.

He was such a bundle of energy even though he was literally in such a bad place. The twin shook their heads and walked out with Nick. Sam stayed behind.

Juhaun smiled and looked over at Sam, who was smiling. Sam dragged a nearby chair closer to the side of the bed and sat.

"You know, you would've gotten those bullets right?" Juhaun said.

Sam nodded. When the man shouted at them to fling everything, Juhaun went in front of Sam to protect her just before the shots were fired.

"Thank you," She grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"No prob, sis. I'll always do what I can to make sure you are safe," Juhaun said.

"You're talking like you're the older one," Sam chuckled, "You've grown on me you know? I may not have known you for a long time but you have become the little brother, I've always wanted. Despite the annoying text messages and calls..."