Omniscient 10 ◇

Chapter 10- Promsaster

Jeremiah still did not tell Riley that he was her father and he had not directly spoke to Sam for a week. He was just a coward and he knew it.

Nick and Juhaun were at his house because they had prom this weekend. This was Juhaun's last prom and he wanted to make the best out of it. He had asked Sam to be his date and at first she declined but then she accepted. Although it was not mentioned, Sam and Juhaun formed a good relationship. They texted and chatted on the phone. Sam was like a big sister to Juhaun and Nick's "wife". Sam was slowly but surely becoming a part of the family.

"Yo, can Riyah be both of our dates?" Nick asked.

"Nah, she's my date. What happened to your date?" Juhaun asked back.

"I did not have a date but now that I hear you are going with my wife..." Nick gave him a pointed look.

Jeremiah was keen in their conversation.

"She's a grown ass woman. She's not your wife. If anything she can be mine, I'm legal," Juhaun said.

"Shut y'all asses up. Sam ain't none of yours," Jeremiah butted in.

"She ain't yours either. You got Leah."

"I know that. At least I have someone and not living fantasies," Jeremiah said.

"Yea cuz' you're living in hell," Juhaun mumbled under his breath.

Jeremiah had not caught it but Nick did and he snickered.

"Anyway J, you finna be the talk of the prom," Nick hyped up.

"Why me?" Juhaun questioned.

Nick gave him an incredulous look.

"Have you see Sam? She's a model! You guys are gonna be the root of envy this weekend."

Juhaun chuckled.

"Why are you guys so infatuated with Sam? This question is more Juhaun's, I can see your reasons Nick." Jeremiah voiced.

Juhaun shrugged.

"She's really a cool ass female. It's like I just found my big sister," Juhaun replied.

Jeremiah nodded. He did not know what Sam did to his family but she did something that had them under her spell.

Riley came in with Janet. Jeremiah's mood changed. He wanted to tell Riley at the right time and he believed tonight was the best time. Leah was home and he could also have a talk with her about what happened.

"Hey Riles!" He greeted.

She ran to him and jumped in his arms.

"Jer!"

He brought her upstairs in her room. Riley sat in the middle of her bed.

"So Riley, let's have a talk. You always talked about having a mother right? How do you feel about having a father?" he asked.

Riley's face lit up.

"It would be so cool! We could go on adventures together and I would get piggy back rides like how you and Martin do," Riley said.

Jeremiah smiled. He realized how stupid he was for not introducing himself as as a father from the beginning. At that moment he was grateful for Sam'Riyah coming and snapping some reality at him.

"Okay so I have been keeping a secret from you for a long while." Jeremiah moved closer to Riley.

Riley ears tuned in fully. She was a nosy little girl, always about the secrets.