Chapter 6

"Oh, that

"Oh, that.. It's gonna be me."

--------------------

The Broadway star requested to have a quick ten minute break from their reading session after Ellie's surprise news. The other actors on the room then mingled with each other trying to catch up with each other. Aga Muhlach can then be seen conversing with Dawn Zulueta and Ian Veneracion while the younger artists remain on their seats. 

Ligaya then huddled her two talents in the corner, as Lea questions El.

"What the hell have you just said?" There was a bit of frustration in Lea's tone. She has a dead serious look that makes one tremble in fear. But Ellie kept calm as she responds to her mentor.

"Just like what you've heard. I'll be producing this movie." El proudly said. She knew that at that moment, there were no room for jokes as Lea's nerves are rising up. So she said it with confidence without having the need to smile.

"Ellie, are you sure about this? This project requires at least a hundred million tops." Ligaya worriedly asked. Not just the filming locations and prop expenses, the young woman have to consider the amount of money needed to pay for all those who will be employed just for this film. Since there are few big shot names included on the main cast, just their talent fees would require El to prepare tens of millions. Ligaya had come to know that the young woman is financially well-off. But shouldering alone this huge amount of money is such an outrageous idea.

"You heard mom. This is such a crazy thing for you to do. What if the movie would not give you back the profit? Then what are we going to do? Besides, where will you get a hundred million in just a few weeks?" 

"Isn't it the more reason we have to privately fund this movie? If in case it does not meet our expected viewership, then we could just not disclose it to the public. Unlike if it's gonna be handled by known production companies, whether its a box office bomb or not, people will get wind of the numbers." 

Ellie's reasoning seems to be practical. After all, it has been twenty five years since Lea starred in the Philippine's silver screen. Though many have been requesting for a third movie from her and Aga, they still could not predict how the film would fare with the general public. 

"But even so.." The Broadway star still doesn't feel good with Ellie's decision. Despite having good intentions, she doesn't want her protege to give out everything she has. The young woman had already done so much for her. Coming back and being by her side all the time is all she wants from Ellie, nothing more.

Noticing that her mentor's facial expression changed from being frustrated to a little bit more calm, Ellie assured her and Ligaya by giving a thought they could not contest.

"I did tell that everything's already prepared for this right? So just trust me. If in case all of my personal assets are not enough to cover the costs, then I could just use a little help from my parents." El gave them a reassuring smile they could not decline. 

Hearing these words from El put their hearts and minds at ease, especially Lea's. Upon hearing Ellie mentioned the support of her parents, seem to make everything easier, as they knew that the Martinez conglomerate is capable of backing up the young woman. 

But little do Ligaya and Lea know that Ellie does not really intend to get assistance from her family for this project, as she's prepared to lay down all her cards and aces for everything to be successful. With her very own capacity and capability, she promised herself that she'll make Lea's stardom more brighter than ever. 

She will make sure that all Filipinos would regard her as the National Pride of the Philippines and help the government realize that they should already formally give her that title. 

Ellie's determination to achieve this is more solid rock than a diamond.

---------------------

And so without a hitch, the filming of Lea and Aga's third movie started without a scratch. They are now on their fourth week of shooting. As everyone's schedule does not permit to have a daily recording, the crew was only able to shoot three times a week.

Even if Ellie didn't have any experience directing a movie, she was able to smoothly make everything right; given with how talented she is and getting some advises from directors she knew. Since she's come to be known as a good writer, established directors in the industry are more than happy to give her guidance on what to do with her feature film.

And one of them is Bobbi Garcia, whom she will be working soon with a stage play that Atlantis Theatrical Group is brewing.

The crew's taping for that day had already ended. So the staff and the artists with her had already retired for the night. Ellie and her group are actually in Prague right now as they plan to capture all of the international scenes here in the capital city of Czech Republic.

Since there are only a few of them, some have been sharing a room not to save costs but rather, to develop more good relationship and bonding over co-workers. Initially, El wanted to have a separate room for each one so to respect their privacy but Lea was totally against it. The whole group will be staying in this foreign country for a whole good week with all expenses and allowances paid by the producer which is to say, is no other than Ellie. Of course she doesn't want her Ellie to leap out of bounds just to make sure everyone is living on luxury while they stay here.

And since Lea's decision won over, the mentor-mentee-secret lovers tandem became roommates for the whole duration of their one week stay in Prague.

As Ellie works on her laptop with such fervor, she felt something snaked around her upper body from the back, as a sound was produced from a gesture that dampened her tired smooth cheeks.

*mwah*

"What are you doing so late at night?"

She turned to see and replied to the person who questioned.