♡ Lily ♡

Rani P.O.V

After everyone had finished unpacking their things, we all ate dinner that had been prepared for us. After that, we went to the hot springs to relax a little before bed.

When I awoke in the morning, I was the very first up. The sun was still trying to break through the darkness and the cabin I shared with my female classmates was coated in a light blue.

After laying in bed for an hour or so, I'd decided that I was done waiting around and got out of bed as quietly as I could. I pulled out one of my suitcases and grabbed some overalls and a black T-shirt to go underneath before getting changed.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Once I was ready, I made my way out of the room as silently as I could, closing the door behind me slowly. When I turned around, the sun was still rising over the mountains that surrounded the area. It almost seemed peaceful.

I took a moment to look around at the camp, which I hadn't explored all that much. It was almost silent, besides the chirping of birds in the forest around me. A small smile made its way onto my lips as I decided I'd go for a walk. With my phone in my pocket, I decided that I'd explore a little.

"What are you doing up so early, Fujimoto?" A voice called after a while. I stopped and turned around quickly, a little spooked by their appearance. Leaning against one of the walls of the main building with their head pointed to the sky was Lily Kaneki, who I didn't know all that well.

I remember me and Eclipse met her back after Katsuki and Shoto had that huge fight, but we hadn't really spoken otherwise.
"Good morning, Kaneki. I went for a walk was all, woke up early."

"I see.." she mumbled at first before her attention shifted down to me. "I don't suppose you've felt anything... off recently, have you?"

I take a moment to place a hand on my chin, thinking. After a few seconds, I shake my head in response. Lily just nods and turns away again, saying something under her breath that I didn't quite hear.

"What about you? What are you doing up?" I asked.
"My brother called." She replies sternly.
"At this time? Isn't it a bit early to be ringing?"

Lily didn't respond but instead shrugged at my question. Silence fell between the two of us. While I'm not sure if Lily felt the same, it was a bit awkward for me to be standing there. After a while, I opened my mouth and spoke again.
"What's your family like?"

I don't think Lily was expecting this question. She quickly turned to look at me with wide eyes for a few moments before it returned back to her default emotionless form. She turned away and looked at the sky once again, before responding after a few seconds.