Chapter 21. Last Waltz

I was still wondering when Chase would come home. I couldn't sleep comfortably without him. When it got to morning I didn't quite know what to do, so I decided to practice and then check on Nico. I stayed with her until Karolina returned. She wasn't talking. "Hello?" I heard Karolina asked but I went back to practicing.

"Hey. We think we know where to find Gert and Chase." Alex said to us, I came out my room.

"Let's go." I said to them.

"Let's get Nico. Come on." Molly said to us, that was a bad idea.

"No. Nico's way too sick. But I'm in." Karolina said to us, I was definitely in.

"Ok." Alex and Molly both said.

"Let's see how long it takes to get a car up here." Alex said before we started trying to find a car. Once we finally got a car we took of to the Yorkes' place.

"Here's the Rolls." Karolina said as we saw it in the driveway.

"Alex, you're right. They're still here." Molly said to us.

"But why are they still here?" I asked, they didn't have a need to be here any longer.

"Well, 'what would Chase do?' Isn't exactly a tough question." Alex said to us, he was right there.

"Come on." Molly said before we went to the Rolls and ducked. "Ok. Old Lace lives in the basement, but Stacey and Dale usually hang out upstairs watching British cooking shows. If we go through one of the back windows, we can take 'em by surprise, and- -" Molly said us.

"I hate to say it, but are we sure that Gert and Chase are here against their will?" Karolina asked us, it was pretty obvious they were.

"Gert would never leave me." Molly said to them both.

"And Chase promised he'd be home last night." I said to them both, that's how I knew something was up.

"Ok. So I brought the Fistigons, I brought the X-Ray goggles and I also brought this." Alex said while pulling a gun out his bag.

"We aren't using that." I said to him while pulling his hand down.

"Alex, is that from the Strike Team?" Karolina asked him, it had to be. That was the only place to get a gun from.

"What would we do with a gun?" Molly asked him, nothing.

"Use it? Ok, ok, my bad. Wouldn't use it. My bad." Alex said before putting it back in his bag.

"Let's just sneak around the back." Molly said and we went around the back to try and get in. "Get down on the floor! Where's Gert?" Molly shouted as we entered the house and saw the Yorkes'.

"We saw the car. We know they're here." Karolina said to us.

"Just tell us where they are." I said to them both.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." Mrs. Yorkes said to Molly, but it was yesterday.

"Wait, what?" Karolina asked her.

"It was yesterday." Molly said to us.

"I thought it was." I told her.

"You look so good. Doesn't she look so good?" Mrs. Yorkes asked, something was certainly off about them both.

"She does. You look great, sweetie. So happy you decided to come home." Mr. Yorkes said to her, she hadn't at all.

"Yeah." Mrs. Yorkes said to her.

"You guys aren't my parents." Molly said to them, and they never would be.

"What?" Mr. Yorkes asked her.