Chapter 11. Gimme Shelter

Walking and running was our new life now. We were still America's Most Wanted and nothing would be able to change that. It had been a day since we were on the run. It was the morning and we were currently chasing someone.

"Stop, please!" Chase shouted at the man we were running after.

"Stop!" I shouted at him.

"Give those back!" Alex shouted, the guy we were after was on a bike. So we stood no chance. What made it worse was I was weak.

"How did he even get them?" Karolina asked, I had no idea. I was trying to gain some energy.

"Chase was supposed to be in lookout!" Molly shouted, he hadn't done a good job at that.

"Yeah, I only dozed off for like, five minutes." Chase said back, a lot could happen in five minutes.

"Gert, hurry!" Nico shouted at her, I was starting to feel weird.

"Yeah, you're not the one pushing the dinosaur in the shopping cart." Gert said back before the dinosaur growled and roared.

"Guys, you might have to go on without me." I shouted at them before we came to a stop. I grabbed onto Chase's shoulder so that I wouldn't fall. The guy laughed before going back down the hill. You had to be kidding me. He then went up the bank and went uphill again. We then had to start running again. I needed to hibernate after this. He then cycled across street.

"Shit. If my dad were here, he'd kill me." Chase said to us as we stopped again.

"But he's not, so he can't." I said to him between breaths.

"Again?" Alex asked us.

"Alex, we gotta stop him." Chase said to him. I leaned onto Chase.

"Guys!" Gert shouted at us.

"Get away from the street." Molly said, that's when I realized there was probably a camera here.

"Camera. It's not safe." Karolina said as she pulled Chase away and he looked directly at it. We then rejoined the others.

"Chase, I'm so low on energy." I said to him while holding onto his arm. He then took his backpack off and gave it to me. "What are you doing?" I asked him confusedly.

"I'll carry you. Get on my back." He said to me with a smile. I was hesitant but I did. I then rested my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you, for doing this." I said to him, he smiled back at me.

"Anytime." He said to me. "That guy got away with military-grade gauntlets." Chase said as we rejoined the group. If only we could get them back.

"I thought you said they don't work." Molly said, they did though.

"With...tinkering." He said before he placed me on the ground. He then sat beside me.

"Wait, did he take anything else? Alex, you still have the money?" Nico asked, he couldn't have stolen anything from me.

"Please. Think I'd allow myself to get robbed blind like Chase?" He asked us, making Chase shake his hard. "Oh, no, no, no, no." He said while patting his pockets. And the money was gone. "It's gone." He said to us, that was just great.

"Way to go, Wilder." Chase said to him, why did they have to fight again.

"You were supposed to be on lookout." Alex said to us, was it really that bad that he fell asleep.

"Well, what are we supposed to do now? Someone might have seen us." Karolina said to us, one thing we weren't doing was handing ourselves in.

"I'm so hungry I can't think." Molly said to us, I was having the same issue.