Chapter 5. Kingdom

"Nico it'll be ok. Alright we'll find him." I told her. She called him again and like before it went to voicemail.

"Alex, I-I don't know if you'll even get this, but just- - if you do, just call me, okay? I-." She said hanging up the phone. Karolina was just pacing around in parking lot. "I don't even know what to say." She told us.

"What if it was my church? What if they figured out that we got those files on all those kids? No, no, please don't tell me that everything is gonna be okay. My mom is a murderer. All of our parents are murderers." Karolina told us she started welling up in tears.

"Hey." Nico said pulling us into a group hug. Karolina started crying, I felt bad for her but we had to stay strong. We pulled away after a minute. "The only way to figure this out is to stick together. But right now, we just need to get Alex back." Nico told us.

"Right now, we need to be strong for Alex, he would want us to find him without tears." I told her.

"Okay?" Nico asked Karolina for reassurance. We heard the sound of a car getting parked so we looked. It was Molly and Gert. "You ready to go?" Nico asked them.

"Where are we going? We have no clue where Alex is." Gert told us. That's when Nico pulled out her staff. "Did you steal that from your mom?" Gert asked her in a hushed tone.

"You're in trouble." Molly said to us.

"You think it can help us?" Karolina asked Nico. I hope I can because Alex was the one that brought us back together, without him we would never know our parents were killers.

"I'm counting on it." Nico told us, she made something click. She started grunting. That's when the circle part of it lit up. "Show us the way to Alex." She told it, we all stood there staring at her. I was hoping it was going to work.

"So much for the magical Wiccan proclamations." Gert said. I turned to look at her.

"Trust me it will work. So shut up." I told her before turning back to look at Nico. That's when the circle lit up again showing white strands of what looked like electricity. "Told you." I said to Gert. The circle turned red and projected a line which was red, purple, blue and white. It was taking us to Alex.

"What is that thing?" Karolina asked confusedly.

"I don't know, but I think I'm in love." Nico said like she was in a trance, the light vanished.

"The lights are pretty, but how is this helping?" Molly asked us.

"I think it's the heat signature of the car that took Alex. Yeah, the staff is trying to lead us to him." Nico told us thinking of the logic behind it.

"I'll drive." Karolina said out loud, at least I was doing the driving.

"Wait! Hold on a second. I am all for the idea of rescuing Alex, but we have no clue what we're going up against." Gert said to us. What's the worst that can happen. I'm all for taking risks.

"It could be my church." Karolina said.

"Or the cops. Alex, Y/n and I found our parents were paying off the police." Nico said to us.

"Okay, so, just so I understand, we're either gonna be facing off against Gibborim enforcer types or a corrupt branch of the LAPD..." Gert said giving our options.

"Could just be generic kidnappers." Molly said but no one heard her.

"...with no weapons and no plans." Gert continued.

"We have the staff and each other." Nico told her.

"Plus, like I keep telling you guys, I'm really, really strong!" Molly told them,