Chapter 17. Last Rites

When it got to the morning I honestly had no idea what I should do today. I definitely wasn't going to train. I saw that Chase was gone, I stretched before I saw the door up. "I see your finally awake. I brought you breakfast." Chase said to me as he entered the room with two plates.

"You didn't have to get me breakfast." I said to him while tilting my head and smiling. We both ate before we had a family meeting.

"You've gotta be kidding me. He's saying the Death Star is buried underground?" Chase asked Alex, I had no idea Chase even knew what Star Wars was.

"The Death Star is an orbital battle station, but I'll give you credit for trying. Yeah. That's exactly what he's saying." Alex said to us, I guess Chase had the spirit but wasn't right.

"Spaceship in Compton. That's kinda boss." Molly said to us.

"It's hard to believe to be honest." I said to them all, it didn't feel real.

"No, this can't be real. This has gotta be another of our parents' tricks." Chase said to us, maybe it was.

"His dad is telling the truth. There is a ship down there." Nico said to us, I looked at her confusedly.

"How do you know?" Alex asked her, i'm guessing she hadn't told him as well.

"She doesn't. I do. I've seen it." Karolina said to us, when?

"How?" Gert asked her.

"When?" I asked her.

"I've...been down there...with Jonah, yesterday." She said to us, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. And to think she never even told us as well.

"You better talk fast, because i'm about to get really pissed." Molly said while standing up.

"He's my father." Karolina said to us, I wasn't really surprised.

"I guess I saw that coming." Molly said with a smile.

"I had an inkling." I said to them all with a smile.

"The family that glows together, grows together, right?" Gert said to us with a smile.

"And we thought our parents were the messed-up ones." Chase said to us, ours were the worst there was no beating that.

"He's been teaching me. Explaining everything." Karolina said to him, but what about how to stop this earthquake. Did that come up?

"Including the part where we all die in a catastrophic earthquake?" Chase asked her.

"That's not going to happen. Molly's parents didn't understand how his ship worked. Their calculations were based on our technology, not his." Karolina said to us, I was hoping this wouldn't lead to an argument.

"Are you saying that my parents were stupid? And that they died for nothing?" Molly asked, that wasn't what Karolina was saying at all.

"No, not at all, Molly. I'm just saying that there are things about him they couldn't have known." Karolina said, but how did we know to trust him.

"And you trust him?" Alex asked her, I sure didn't.

"Yes. No. Maybe. He let us escape from the church that day, and he showed me things that are wonderful. And now he just wants to leave. That's all he's ever wanted." Karolina said to us, so he caused all of this just to leave? How was that fair?

"Wait. He's leaving? How can you be so sure he plans on not taking you with him?' Nico asked her.

"Has that ever come up at all while you were with him?" I asked her curiously.