Chapter 33. Cheat The Gallows

I still couldn't believe it, that she was gone, she was never coming back. It was now 2022. We'd all moved in with our lives apart from me and Chase. We were living together. And engaged. "How are you feeling this morning?" He asked me, it was now the anniversary of Gert's death.

"I feel okay, just I didn't prep for my exam." I said to her and he shook his head.

"And wants your exam on?" He asked me, I actually had no idea.

"Neuroscience." I said to him, I could already tell that he was disappointed.

"I know it's neuroscience, but what aspect?" He asked, me and I looked at him.

"I don't know but I should get going." I said to him and he kissed me.

"Good luck." He said to me before I went to the UCLA campus. I wasn't the only one here, Karolina was also around as well. I went to class and I feel like I failed. When it arose to lunch me and Karolina were meeting up.

"How were your classes?" She asked me as I was nervously eating my salad.

"Let's not talk about it, how's your major going?" I asked her, I already knew that she could tell I was hiding something, she was taking a psychic major before after all.

"It's going well, I've been getting high praise." She said to me it wasn't long until the lunch was interrupted. By a gathering. At the Hostel. Nico was joining us.

"I missed you so much." I said before hugging her.

"I missed you too." She said to me before we both separated, I then went over to Chase. Well future Chase, it was all confusing.

"So happy to have you back, Nico." Molly said while hugging her.

"Would have been nice if you'd let one of us know." Karolina said to us, they weren't on good terms since the breakup.

"Hey, things happen, okay? One of you went on a mysterious sojourn to a secret location for an unknown period of time. The other stayed at home and met a cute grad student. That's life." Alex said to us, now this needed to hurry up, I still had another class to attend.

"I wanted to reach out to let you all know I was home. And I was literally about to when he showed up to try and kill me." Nico said before pointing at Alex.

"No, not me, some other Alex." Alex said to her, this was getting interesting.

"Actually, it is you. It's the person you become." Future Chase said to us all.

"Just like how you're the person our Chase becomes?" Karolina asked him, I had questions for future Chase.

"Hey, so that means that one day he must get out if that bedroom that he locked himself in." Molly said to us, I hated that he never left anymore.

"Should we go get him right now?" Nico asked him, I'd say no.

"No. I can't interact with my past self, just like you can't interact with your future one. It can't mess too much up. Besides, the 'me' upstairs needs to keep working on time travel. With a little help from Alex and the Abstract, eventually I do figure it out." Chase said to us, so he really was doing everything right.

"Oh, my God. Of all the people in the world, you get to become a Time Lord? That is so unfair." Alex said to us all.

"I assume that's a 'Doctor Who' reference, that, like always, lands with a thud." Nico said to Alex, I had no idea what he was talking about.

"But still, why would any version of Alex want to kill Nico?" Karolina asked, if it was for revenge then what happened.

"Because one of us tried to kill him. A bomb was placed in his office. It went off, but he survived." Chase said to us, now it wouldn't have been me.