Chapter 24. Smoke And Mirrors

Once I had awoken I'd seen who was left. There was barely anyone. Karolina and Gert were gone. I was just glad to be with Nico. "Where are the others?" I asked her as she was sat next to me.

"Alex and Molly are somewhere talking. But Karolina and Gert haven't returned. I don't know where they are. I don't know where Chase is either. Y/n, they're all gone." She said to me I opened my arms for her to hug me.

"We will find them, don't worry." I said to her. Whilst going to my room. I shut the door and thought of Chase. I shut my eyes, there had to be someway that my powers can locate people or see what they're doing. But that didn't work. When I opened my eyes I just had a Chase. I snapped my fingers and he was gone. I then walked out my room.

"Karolina's alive. But she's trapped somewhere." Nico said to us as we started going downstairs together.

"And you know this how?" Leslie asked her.

"I had a dream about it." Nico said to us, what kind of dream.

"Okay..." Leslie said hesitantly.

"You will forgive me for not accepting this as evidence of her safety." Xavin said to us, I believed that she was safe.

"It was very...vivid." Nico said, i knew she was telling the truth.

"And what about Gert? Did you dream about her?" Molly asked her.

"Anything on Chase either? It's ok if there isn't." I said to her and she shook her head. I'm sure he was ok.

"Hey, you guys. Get in here." Alex said to us and we went to his little room. "PRIDE's about to do a news conference, so I hacked into a bunch of microwave and satellite news feeds- -" He started why couldn't we just watch it on the news.

"If it's on the news, can't we just watch it online?" Nico asked him before doing something.

"It would make it easier." I said before we started watching it online.

"Oh." He got out, he didn't think of that.
"Is that Stacey?" Molly asked, it looked like it but why was she in a suit.

"My mom is wearing pink?" Nico got out, that wasn't like Mrs. Minoru at all.

"There's the Magistrate." Xavin said to us,

"Alex, turn it up." Leslie said before sitting down.

"Thirty-six hours ago, a gas leak led to an explosion that destroyed our headquarters and critically injured Robert Minoru." Mr. Stein said, why were we only just hearing about this now.

"D-Did you know about your dad?" Alex asked her, I pulled her into a side hug.

"Or that there was a gas leak?" Molly asked and she shook her head.

"Uh, I don't remember much about what happened after we split up." She said to us, and that was fine. If she witnessed anything she could be going through a state of trauma.

"Just remember that's PRIDE up there. If they're speaking into a microphone, it's probably a lie." Leslie said to us, and let's just hope that she was right.

"I'm sorry, Nico. You're dad always seemed a little less evil than the rest of them." Alex said to Nico, I just hugged her. She knew how I truly felt.

"Robert is in intensive care at University of Los Angeles Medical Center. We're praying for his full and speedy recovery. Aren't we, Tina?" Mr. Stein said while looking off to the side.

"Mm-hmm. Totes." Mrs. Minoru said before posing for the camera, this wasn't Mrs. Minoru.

"What is my mom doing?" Nico asked us.