Chapter 6. Metamorphosis

When I woke up I quickly ran to my bedroom to shower and change. I'd been sleeping I'm my brothers room for the last couple of days. I didn't know what to expect today. I opened up my closet door and chose my outfit out.

 I opened up my closet door and chose my outfit out

Then I moved onto my makeup look.

I wasn't expecting today to be easy especially since today was the gala

I wasn't expecting today to be easy especially since today was the gala. I felt nervous but excited about trying to ruin it. I found my dress out and hung it out on my door. It was a nice dress, I brought it last year and decided to not wear it. I was just hoping that everything would go down well. I walked downstairs and got myself some breakfast. My parents were reading something on their laptops so I decided to run the tap using my mind. They didn't notice so I decided that I was safe. I quickly got a cup of water before turning the tap off.

"Y/n, I'm glad that you're still here. Remember to wear a nice dress tonight. As you should know it's the PRIDE gala tonight and we need to be looking our bests." Dad said to me, I took a quick sip of water.

"I've already planned out what I'm wearing. It's hanging on my door but for now I need to head out." I said to them.

"Be safe." Mom said to me, I quickly grabbed my car keys before going to my car and getting in. I drove out the neighborhood and saw Chase driving behind me. We were all meeting up at the coffee shop. I chose to sit between Alex and Chase.

"So, what's the plan?" Gert asked Alex.

"Yeah, Alex?" Molly said.

"Why does everyone assume Alex has a plan? Someone else might have a plan." Chase said to everyone.

"Exactly, what if someone else has a great idea that we could all take aboard." I said with a smile.

"Great. Let's hear it." Alex said while looking at Chase and me.

"I just meant hypothetically." Chase said giving his answer, he added a nod.

"Same here." I said with a nod, Alex nodded at us.

"Guys, all I meant is are we carpooling or going separately, and how dressed up is everyone gonna get?" Gert asked us with a smile. I hadn't even thought about that, except from what I was going to wear.