Chapter 20. Hostile Takeover

I was concerned about Gert and Old Lace. And that's something I never thought I'd say. But something wasn't with them both. Anyone could tell that. When it came to morning Old Lace was up roaring and screeching. The rest of us were in a room with Gert. "She doesn't sound good." Karolina said to us as we were holding the door shut.

"I'm not sure she's tame anymore." I said to them all.

"Hey, it's ok." Chase said to Gert as she went to sit up.

"It hurts. It hurts." Gert said to Chase, she wasn't doing too good at all.

"Where the hell are Nico and Wilder?!" Chase said to us, who knew?

"Got every stomach medicine they had. Something's gotta help." Alex said while walking in.

"And if it doesn't, I've got this." Nico said while passing something to Chase.

"Whoa. What is this?" Chase asked her.

"A Wiccan charm bag. Just put it under her pillow. It'll encourage good health. It's pungent but powerful." Nico said to him and Chase put it under her pillow.

"It works trust me." I said to them, Nico had given it to me once and I felt better I'm the morning.

"You do realize we're trying to make her less sick, right?" Alex said before Gert groaned in pain.

"Do something!" Molly shouted, like what!

"I don't know what to do! And Old Lace is not helping!" Chase shouted at us, what could we do about it.

"Guys, calm down." Nico said to us.

"We're all worried about them, ok? But let's not turn on each other." Karolina said to us, but turning on each other was what we always did.

"Everyone just calm down and take a breath." I said to them all.

"I'm sorry. I'm just scared." Chase said before sitting on the ground, weren't we all.

"Maybe Old Lace is hungry. She hasn't eaten anything since she's gotten sick." Molly said to us, we were probably her food.

"I'm so cold." Greg said making Chase put a hand to her head.

"I don't get it. She says she's freezing, but she doesn't have a temperature. What the hell is this?" Chase said, Gert collapsed again.

"We need to get them help. Take them somewhere." Nico said, we couldn't exactly take them to a hospital.

"Where? The hospital? The zoo? We do have ahead a lot of viable options." Alex said to us, I don't think the zoo could help Old Lace.

"Old Lace is awfully quiet." Karolina said to us all.

"Somethings happened." I said to them. We opened the door and she was passing out. She was wheezing.

"Guys, we have to do something, fast." Karolina said to us, who knew how much time they had left. Chase and Alex went off together to do research. The rest of us were trying to look over them, we then went into Alex's quarters and saw an SUV pull up.

"Who's that?" Nico asked us all.

"I have no idea." I said as we watched the footage. Soon more pulled up.

"They're gonna find us." Karolina said, we couldn't leave because of Gert and Lace.

"Not if they can't see us." Nico said before walking away. I knew what she was doing. "Camouflage!" I heard her say. We continued watching.

"Oh, shit. It's AWOL. How'd he find us?" Alex asked, I looked at him.

"I don't know but someone must've told him." I said while walking out the room to go and see Gert. She was passed out. "Gert, you've gotta stay awake." I said to her while shaking her.